become an editor
the entire directory
only in US-Mexico_Border/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: Regions: US-Mexico Border: Society and Culture
Regional: North America: Society and Culture
Society: Ethnicity: Hispanic and Latino
Society: Issues: Economic: International: Trade: North American Free Trade Agreement
Society: Issues: Immigration
- News, information, and analysis regarding the U.S.-Mexico border and crossborder affairs. Publications, directories, calendar, and feedback provided. Available in English/Español.
- Forum based site for discussion of the US - Mexico border and other issues. Bilingual in English and Spanish.
Desert Invasion - US
- Focuses on the adverse effects of illegal immigration on communities, ecosystems, and parks on the US side of the border, and advocates stronger control of immigration and population growth. Articles, photos, action alerts, and links.
The Forgotten Americans
- Informational and educational site developed to accompany PBS film about colonias -- rural communities in the US border region that developed to house immigrants and lack basic infrastructure.
- Genealogy of Nuevo León, Coahuila, Tamaulipas, and South Texas.
Immigration and Human Rights on the U.S. / Mexico Border
- Series of articles from In Motion Magazine about socioeconomic issues related to the border region.
Institute for Regional Studies of the Californias (IRSC)
- At San Diego State University; engaged in applied research on regional concerns including transborder environmental issues, policy perspectives of the California-Mexico relationship, quality of life, and sustainable development.
Trans-Border Institute Border Briefs
- List of Briefings on current policy issues affecting the U.S.-Mexican relationship and the border region, provided by institute located at the University of San Diego, California.
Women On The Border
- Seeks to advance the education, training and empowerment of employees in maquiladoras. Articles, news, issues information, and links to related resources.
Bordering the Future
- State of Texas analysis of conditions and forthcoming events along the state's border with Mexico, as well as potential public policies to responsible address future economic, social, health and safety, education, and other needs in the region. (July 01, 1998)
- Pair of articles by William Langewiesche, originally published in the Atlantic Monthly, exploring the immigration, drugs, law enforcement, economic, environmental, and policy issues posed by the region. (June 01, 1992)
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 8:15:10 AM EDT -