become an editor
the entire directory
only in Science_and_Environment/Lakes
Science and Environment
Regional: North America: Regions: Great Lakes: Recreation and Sports: Fishing
Great Lakes Diatoms
- Collection of images of these microscopic organisms, classified by morphology and by genus.
Great Lakes Fishery Commission
- Binational agency coordinating fisheries research, sea lamprey control, and fisheries management among the state, provincial, tribal, and federal management agencies. Includes a fish image gallery and fact sheets about sea lampreys.
The Great Lakes Forecasting System
- Bathymetry maps featuring current data and forecasts of water surface temperature and ice cover, integrated water currents, wind fields, and wave heights.
International Association for Great Lakes Research
- Promotes Great Lakes and other large lakes research. Includes lake facts and information about the organization's journal and conferences.
Lake Ontario Waterkeeper
- Nonprofit training individuals and volunteer groups to be local water guardians and to report pollution concerns. Shown are programs, lobbyist activities, donation and membership opportunities and news.
Large Lakes Observatory
- Institute on the Duluth campus of the University of Minnesota, dedicated to the study of large lakes world wide. Includes information on facilities, instruments, education opportunities, and research activities.
NOAA Great Lakes Environmental Research Laboratory
- US government institution conducting research on coastal and estuarine processes, and the interdependencies with the atmosphere, and sediments. Resources on the physical and biological aspects of the lakes and environmental concerns.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 20, 2013 at 9:15:07 UTC -