become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/History
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: Canada: Yukon: Society and Culture: History
Klondike Gold Rush
Regional: North America: Canada: Society and Culture: History
Days of '98 Commemorative Plaque and Spike
- White Pass Railway Centennial commemorative plaque made of a railway spike mounted on a white pine backboard. Made by local school.
The Educationally Funkalicious Canadian History Page
- Student reports about Canadian History from 1867 to present. Topics include the Alaska Highway and the White Pass Railway.
Historical Yukon Travel Routes
- Porter Creek student accounts of remote wilderness trip. Includes curriculum outcomes, map and journal entries.
The Mad Trapper From Rat River
- Song download by Dan LaRocque tells the story of Albert Johnson, the mad trapper who led the Northwest Mounted Police on a 48 day manhunt through the frozen Yukon in 1931-32.
Yukon Government Heritage Branch
- Department of Tourism branch including historic sites, museums, archaeology and palaeontology programs.
Yukon History & Genealogy
- A co-operative venture designed to provide the local histories of territorial communities.
Yukon National Historic Sites
- Parks Canada directory to historic sites located throughout the territory. [requires flash]
Yukon Places and Names
- Information on the historical publication by Bob Coutts. Includes links and an interactive forum with photos.
Yukon Territory Act, 1898
- Shows the full text of this document which created the territory.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, December 9, 2011 10:35:05 AM EST -