become an editor
the entire directory
only in Politics/Policy_Institutes
Society and Culture
Society: Issues: Policy Institutes
Atlantic Institute for Market Studies
- An libertarian/conservative economic and social policy think tank, focusing to the Atlantic Canada and its four constituent provinces. Lists institute information, publications, events, search, contacts and links.
- Independent, non-partisan organization championing progressive change through the promotion of democracy, equality, and sustainability and the training of a new generation of leaders. Founded by former NDP leader Ed Broadbent.
C.D. Howe Institute
- Canadian economic and social policy think tank. Centre-right.
Caledon Institute of Social Policy
- Performs research and analysis; seeks to inform and influence public opinion and to foster public discussion on poverty and social policy.
Canada West Foundation
- Aims at bringing Western perspectives to Canadian policy debates. Conservative orientation.
The Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives
- Independent, non-profit research organization, to promote research on economic and social policy issues from a progressive point of view. Centre-left.
Canadian Centre for Policy Studies
- Develops and promotes policy alternatives that would result in limited and constitutional government, free enterprise, equal justice for all, fact-based environmentalism, and respect for the natural family and all human life.
Canadian Foundation for the Americas (FOCAL)
- An independent, non-governmental organization dedicated to deepening and strengthening Canada's relations with countries in Latin America and the Caribbean through policy discussion and analysis.
Canadian Policy Research Networks
- Acts as a neutral forum so that groups with a wide variety of viewpoints on an issue can get together for discussions.
The Centre for Social Justice
- Progressive think-tank that campaigns to narrow gap between rich and poor and reduce corporate domination. Advocates for greater equality and democracy.
Couchiching Institute on Public Affairs
- Increases the awareness and understanding of domestic and international issues through open and inclusive discussion, without advocacy or partisanship.
- An independent non-partisan research and educational organization based in Canada. Offices in Calgary, Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver.
Frontier Centre for Public Policy
- A conservative/libertarian, non-profit think tank founded to undertake research and education in support of economic growth and social outcomes which will enhance the quality of life.
Institute for Research on Public Policy
- Seeks to improve public policy by generating research, providing insight and sparking debate that will contribute to the public policy decision-making process.
Institute of Intergovernmental Relations
- University-based centre for research on all aspects of federalism and intergovernmental relations. Links to documents of interest to people doing research on federalism and constitutional politics.
Manning Centre for Building Democracy
- A builder and supporter of conservative research, training and communications vehicles. Articles and news.
Montreal Economic Institute
- A conservative/libertarian, non-profit, non-partisan research and educational institute initiating relevant and original solutions in the public policy debates of Quebec, by focusing in particular on the importance of wealth creation.
- Studies political, economic, social, and cultural issues facing Albertans and Canadians, using the perspective of political economy.
St. Lawrence Institute
- A Canadian policy institute devoted to the advancement and dissemination of knowledge and information. Its philosophical outlook is based on respect for individual liberty, the value of ideas, the rule of law and free enterprise. Libertarian.
Tommy Douglas Research Institute
- An independent, social democratic non-profit Canadian economic and social research and educational organization. Aims to redirect public attention to the respective role of both the large business sector and governments in providing for the well-being of Canadians.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 5, 2016 at 22:14:00 UTC -