become an editor
the entire directory
only in Issues/Same_Sex_Marriage
Society and Culture
Same Sex Marriage
Regional: North America: Canada: Society and Culture: Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
Society: Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual: Law: Marriage and Domestic Partnership
CBC - Forever and Always
- The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation's coverage of first same-sex marriages in Canada. Includes interviews from both sides of debate. Discussion board includes over 10,000 postings.
Court cases about homosexual (Same-Sex) Marriages in Canada
- Examination of the Hendricks and Léboeuf case.
- A Canadian organization fighting for "Equality For Gays and Lesbians Everywhere". Battles in courts over same sex couples, rights, government insight.
Equal Marriage for Same Sex Couples
- Information about advocacy and campaign methods, upcoming events and celebrations, past activities, historical perspectives and related links.
Homosexual (Same-Sex) Marriages in Canada
- An overview of the situation in Canada including case law.
Legalization of Same-Sex Marriage in Canada
- Background information on the debate over legal recognition of same sex unions in Canada.
Marriage and Legal Recognition of Same-sex Unions: Department of Justice
- A discussion paper on same-sex marriage legislation.
Metropolitan Community Church of Toronto
- Toronto church conducting what is claimed to be the first legal same-sex marriage in Canada.
Sexual Orientation and Legal Rights
- This paper reviews some of the issues and developments affecting the legal rights of lesbians and gay men at the federal level as well as in areas of provincial jurisdiction and in the private sector.
Barbeau v. British Columbia
- Court of Appeal judgment allowing same-sex marriages in the province, effective immediately. The remedy had been suspended until July 12, 2004, but in light of the availability of same-sex marriage in Ontario, was altered. (July 08, 2003)
Halpern et al. v. Attorney General of Canada et al. (June 10, 2003)
- Full text of the opinion of the Court of Appeal. To remedy Charter violations of equality rights, the official definition of marriage is changed, effective immediately, to be the union of two persons. (June 10, 2003)
Synopsis of Halpern et al v. Attorney General of Canada et al (June 10, 2003)
- Official summary of the ruling which legalized gay marriage in the province of Ontario. The definition of marriage is changed to "the voluntary union for life of two persons to the exclusion of all others". (June 10, 2003)
Same Sex Marriage
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 18, 2015 at 20:25:53 UTC -