become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Organizations
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: Canada: Society and Culture: Organizations
Newfoundland and Labrador
Junior Chamber International
Knights of Pythias
Lions Clubs International
Local Currency Systems
Regional: North America: Canada: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: Canada: Society and Culture: Activism
Regional: North America: Canada: Society and Culture: Ethnicity
This category in other languages:
Asian Institute of Technology Alumni Association - Calgary
- One of 25 world wide chapters. List membership profiles, call for election of officers and gives information about the AITAA.
Association of Canadian Clubs
- A network of clubs whose common objective is to strengthen Canada by providing forums that promote understanding and pride in being Canadian.
Block Parent Program Of Canada
- A registered charity and Canada's largest volunteer-run child safety organization. Over 500,000 volunteers from coast to coast help to make communities safer for everyone.
Canadian Association of Certified Planning Technicians
- Dedicated to maintaining high standards for Planning Technicians and other related planning professions. Features information on membership, employment, and educational opportunities.
Canadian Centre for Philanthropy
- A source of information on the nonprofit and voluntary sector, including size and scope of the sector and also funds research into volunteering and volunteerism.
Canadian Council for International Co-operation
- A coalition of Canadian organizations working on the frontlines of social justice, humanitarian aid and economic development, in Canada and in the developing world. Features related news articles.
Canadian Council on Social Development
- National, non-profit organization which focuses on issues of social and economic security.
Canadian Foodgrains Bank
- Serves as a centralized grain banking and distribution system to alleviate world hunger.
The Canadian Information Processing Society
- An association of Canadian Information Technology (IT) professionals.
Canadian International Grains Institute-CIGI
- A non-profit facility dedicated to providing educational programs and technical activities in support of market development and promotion of world markets for Canada's grains, oilseeds and special crops.
Canadian Organic Growers - COG
- A national information network for farmers, gardeners and consumers. COG promotes organic foods through national publications and events, and through memberships in local chapters.
- A non-governmental, non-sectarian, not-for-profit charitable organization dedicated to helping the poor in developing regions and to providing relief to victims of natural disasters and violent conflicts.
Community Foundations of Canada
- Membership organization for Canada's network of community foundations, to help enable them to support local community programs.
Conference of Interamerican Student Projects (CIASP)
- A reunion site for CIASP, which sent members to Hidalgo Mexico in the 1960's. Includes the story of the organization and memories of its participants.
Cool to be Canadian Corp.
- Private, federally chartered non-profit organization devoted to encouraging Canadians - particularly young ones - to volunteer, participate, invent, create and generally have fun celebrating diversity as Canadians.
- The Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada. Newsletters, recent events, minutes of various meetings. Online membership application.
Dominion of Canada Rifle Association
- Promotes military and civilian marksmanship, the sport of shooting and the safe handling of firearms. Latest news, match results and information about related legislation.
Duke of Edinburgh's Award
- Awarded by Prince Philip to outstanding young Canadians.
Family Services Employee Assistance Programs - FSEAP
- Description with links to specialized regional services and community-based programs in a national network of agencies.
Kin Canada District 4
- An umbrella organization of community service clubs for men and women, covering Alberta, Northeastern BC and the Northwest Territories.
MADD Canada - Mothers Against Drunk Driving
- Mission is to stop impaired driving and to support victims of this violent crime
Make-A-Wish Foundation of Canada
- Grants wishes of children with serious medical conditions. Includes stories, donations, events, promotions, and how to refer a child.
Montreal International Forum (MIF)
- A global alliance of organizations supporting the involvement of nongovernmental organizations and civil society in multilateral negotiations. Organizational information, news, details of the MIF's annual and biennial conferences.
Multiple Births Canada
- Works to improve the quality of life for multiple birth individuals and their families by managing peer support networks, area contacts, and communication.
National Quality Institute
- A not-for-profit organization that provides strategic focus and direction for Canadian organizations to achieve excellence. Provides online information on applying and qualifying for the "Canada Award for Excellence".
Pitch-In Canada Home Page
- Non-profit organization dedicated to cleaning up the world.
Potters Without Borders
- A non-profit research and development organization researching Ceramic Water Filter technology as part of a solution to waterborne disease.
Right to Quiet
- Vancouver-based nonprofit society working to advocate the value, benefits, and difficulties in obtaining quiet.
Royal Commonwealth Society of Canada
- Promotes the spread of knowledge respecting the peoples and countries of the Commonwealth, and provides information about its branch locations, activities and events.
- Represents and promotes Canadian community networking movement at the national and international level.
- Non-profit international development organizations, establishing programs in food security/ biodiversity, desertification, climate change and poverty alleviation.
- Represents and advocates volunteerism in Canada. Includes resources, information, and a directory of volunteer organizations.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, September 4, 2012 2:00:53 AM EDT -