become an editor
the entire directory
only in Immigration/Citizenship
Society and Culture
Passports and Visas
- This was Government's most recent proposal for the new Canadian Citizenship Act. This bill was introduced in 2002 but died when the House of Commons was dissolved in 2003. The document is still interesting as an illustration of the government's ideas on how the citizenship law should be reformed.
Canadian Citizenship Test
- Private site provides information for taking the Canadian Citizenship Test, free practice test software.
CIC Canada - Applying for Citizenship
- Official information on acquiring and retaining Canadian citizenship, current and proposed legislation and procedures.
Citizenship Policy Manual
- A manual for use of CIC staff, with interpretations of Canadian citizenship law, and explanations of relevant procedures. The charts in Chapter 14, summarizing the current and old citizenship laws (since 1868 to present), are helpful to determine a person's claim to Canadian citizenship.
Dual Citizenship FAQ
- This document attempts to describe the current situation in United States law regarding dual citizenship. Written by an American who immigrated to Canada.
New Zealand Herald: Canada in passport probe
- Canadian Foreign Affairs spokesman is quoted saying that if it is discovered that a Canadian citizen serving in another country's military travels on a Canadian passport, "we would not appreciate it" (July 31, 2004)
The Canadian Citizenship Reform Project: In Search of the Holy Grail?
- The history of the politicians' attempts to change citizenship law over the last 25 years. Conference paper by Professor Joseph Garcea from University of Saskatchewan. [PDF] (June 01, 2003)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 9, 2015 at 11:35:06 UTC -