become an editor
the entire directory
only in History/Resources
Society and Culture
- Research tool provides access to databases created by the National Archives of Canada. Includes finding aids for textual and audiovisual records ranging from the Canadian Expeditionary Force, Post Offices, government records, census, home children to Dominion land grants.
- Offers historical information, documents, maps, opinions and views of Canadian History. Provides visual, period, political, conflict and document based perspectives.
Canada in the Making
- Built around the Government Documents collection of the Early Canadiana Online collection, this site integrates narrative text with links to primary source texts.
Canadian Archival Information Network: Virtual Exhibits
- Large collection of virtual exhibits from archival institutions across Canada.
Canadian Conservation Institute
- Focuses on everyday preservation concerns and includes conservation tips, a before and after gallery, and career information.
Canadian Heritage Information Network
- A gateway to museums, galleries and heritage information in Canada. Offers virtual exhibitions, artefacts, and reference tools and resources. [English and French]
Canadian Museum of Civilization Collections
- Collections of objects of historical or cultural significance, which help define the national heritage.
- Locates early printed Canadian materials (books, annuals, and periodicals), preserves their content and makes the resulting collections available to libraries and archives in Canada and abroad.
H-Canada: Canadian History and Studies
- A discussion group for scholars including publication reviews, calls for papers and resource links.
- A showcase of resources and classroom projects that help improve knowledge of Canadian history.
- A resource with articles regarding historical topics related directly or indirectly to Canada.
The History of Canada
- Provides an overview of history from the discovery of Canada to native peoples issues.
Library and Archives Canada
- Preserves Canada's archival heritage through a wide variety of means - publications, exhibitions, special events, as well as reference and researcher services.
- Provides detailed, well documented and referenced information for Canadian fur trade era re-enactors, historic site interpreters, and educators.
Special Editions of Canadian Newspapers
- Selection of special colour supplements produced by newspapers for more than a century to mark important events.
VL: Canada History
- Includes links to history resources sorted by topic and chronological period, from the WWW Virtual Library Network.
W. H. Pugsley Collection of Early Canadian Maps
- Set of 50 maps tells the story of the discovery and exploration of North America.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 11, 2015 at 9:05:10 UTC -