become an editor
the entire directory
only in History/Police_and_Military
Society and Culture
Police and Military
Regional: North America: Canada: Government: Departments and Agencies: National Defence
Regional: North America: Canada: Government: Military
Brief History of Militia of Upper Canada
- Describes the creation of Incorporated Militia of Upper Canada during the War of 1812.
Canada and the First World War
- Virtual exhibition from the National Archives of Canada. Provides access to personal accounts of the war and background information on Canada's involvement abroad and on the home front.
Canada and the Great War 1914 to 1918
- Highlights events of Canadians who paticipated in the Great War from 1914 to 1918 at Vimy Ridge, Ypres, St Julien, Hill 62 and Drocourt-Queant Break and Mons.
Canada at War
- From Canada's Digital Collections, articles and exhibits on many facets of Canadian military history.
Canada's Military Heritage
- Details Canada's military experiences including both World Wars, Korea and various peacekeeping missions. Includes photos, articles and links.
The Canadian Letters and Images Project
- Letters, photographs and other documents from men and women in the armed services and nursing services during wartime.
Canadian Military History Gateway
- Gateway to websites and digital resources about Canada's military history, developed by the Department of National Defence and supported by National Defence Online and the Canadian Culture Online Program.
Canadian Military Medals and Decorations
- Veteran Affairs Canada presents various war medals, service badges and honours. Provides detailed information of each, photographs where relevant and circumstances under which they would have been awarded.
Canadian Ruhr Memories
- Dedicated to those Canadians who lived or worked in Germany's Ruhr Valley from 1953 to 1971. Includes military, and high school sites.
Canadian War Museum
- Information on the hours, exhibitions and location of the museum, as well as online exhibitions and resources.
- Tells the story of the Air Force from its beginning through to its creation as a permanent component of Canada's defence forces. A privately run, unofficial website.
CBC Archives: Conflict and War
- World War II, Cold War, domestic issues, peacekeeping, audio and video resources plus related links from the CBC Archives.
D Company, Royal Rifles of Canada
- An account of the company's action during the Battle of Hong Kong in December 1941, from Major Maurice A. Parker's diary.
From Colony to Country : A Reader's Guide to Canadian Military History
- National Library of Canada prepared this bibliographical pathfinder for people interested in learning about Canada's military heritage. Material of interest to genealogists and family historians is included.
Historical Highlights of RCMP
- A timeline of important moments in the development and history of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Includes a bibliography on the history of the RCMP.
Juno Beach Centre
- Online museum about Canadian D-Day participation plus the history of Canada in WWII.
Maple Leaf Legacy Project
- An archive whose aim is to provide photographs of every overseas Canadian war grave to create a virtual Canadian National War Cemetery. Offers project information, grave photo requests and progress report.
The Mounties Tame the Wild West
- Describes how the Canadian North West Mounted Police brought law and order to the wild west.
Remembrances: Canada and the Second World War
- From Virtual Museum of Canada, this site covers history of the war, equipment, people.
Testaments of Honour Historical Archive
- A non-profit foundation dedicated to preserving Canadian military history. Personal oral histories by Canadian veterans on digital video.
War of 1812
- Offers articles, links, uniform charts, book reviews, war reenactments and military replicas.
Police and Military
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 14, 2014 at 15:15:04 UTC -