become an editor
the entire directory
only in History/Personages_and_Biography
Society and Culture
Personages and Biography
Blessed Marie-Anne Blondin
Champlain, Samuel de
M. J. Coldwell
Woodsworth, James S.
Kids and Teens: People and Society: Biography: By Region: North America: Canada
Society: History: Historical Personages: By Region
- Biography of Annie Arniel, a Canadian Suffragist, who made historical contributions to the women's right to vote movement with Alice Paul and Lucy Burns in Washington, D.C.
Charles Templeton (1915-2001)
- Biographical information, articles, and an online version of the memoirs of this former evangelist turned atheist, politician, editor, broadcaster, journalist, author, philosopher and raconteur.
Dictionary of Canadian Biography Online
- An index of biographies that presents persons who died between the years 1000 and 1930 or whose last known date of activity falls within these years.
Famous Canadians Theme Page
- Provides links to curricular resources and instructional materials (lesson plans) related to the study of famous Canadians.
Joseph Whiteside Boyle
- The legendary Canadian, Joseph W. Boyle (1867-1923); gold miner and adventurer.
- Biography of the influential Metis leader and father of Manitoba, from The Canadian Encyclopedia.
Northern Stars - Norman McLaren
- An honoured filmmaker in Canada. In his lifetime he received literally hundreds of awards and prizes for his work.
Nursing Sister Helen L. Fowlds
- Biography, diary and pictures of Helen Fowlds, a Canadian nurse in World War I
People - Canadian Confederation
- A collection of biographies for many of the people involved in the creation and building of Canada. Some of these people are well known, while others are relatively obscure.
The Poems of D'Arcy McGee
- The poems of D'Arcy McGee. Elected to the Legislative Assembly in 1858 as one of three members for Montreal. Strongly opposed the Fenians. Assassinated on April 7, 1868, a week before his 43rd birthday. Canada's first political assassination.
Richard B. Rogers : Life and Times of a Canadian Engineer
- Describes the vision and life of Engineer Richard Birdsall Rogers who helped design the Peterborough Hydraulic Lift Lock in Peterborough, Ontario.
- Details the achievements by, and tributes for this Canadian Hero, the first Canadian woman astronaut in Space. Also includes a guest book for visitors.
Roy Herbert Thomson (1894-1976)
- The rags to riches story of Roy Thomson, also known as Lord Thomson of Fleet.
Sir William Stephenson (Intrepid)
- Information about Canadian spymaster William Stephenson, who set up Great Britain's spy operations in the Western Hemisphere.
Personages and Biography
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 17, 2015 at 18:15:06 UTC -