become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Consumer_Information
Society and Culture
Home: Consumer Information
Advertising Standards Canada: Ad Complaints Reports
- Reports providing case summaries about consumers' complaints about advertising that were received by ASC. Information on filing complaints and how they are handled.
Better Business Bureau
- Helps US and Canadian consumers and businesses maintain an ethical marketplace. Includes guidance, dispute resolution information, and news and alerts.
Canadian Consumer Handbook
- Offers information that includes online shopping, contracts, housing and home renovations, identity theft and collection agencies. Created and updated by the Consumer Measures Committee. [English and French]
Canadian Consumer Information
- Consumer law, recalls, frauds, consumer awareness. Office of Consumer Affairs, Industry Canada.
Canadian Toy Testing Council
- Non-profit, charitable organization that offers evaluations of toys tested by children in everyday settings, to assess design, function, durability and play value.
Car Help Canada
- Provides consumer tips regarding insurance, buying and leasing new or used vehicles, vehicle maintenance, car buyers may download a workbook.
Consumer Health Organization of Canada
- A non-profit organization making people aware of the holistic or alternative approaches to health. Includes information on prevention of disease through nutrition, whole foods, dietary supplements, herbs and related resources.
Consumer Protection in Canada
- Articles and information on how to avoid consumer problems, and where and how to find help with consumer complaints.
Consumers Council of Canada
- An independent, not-for-profit organization federally incorporated to help business and government manage consumer issues, and working to improve the marketplace for consumers.
Consumers' Association of Canada
- An independent, non-profit volunteer organization, represents and informs consumers and advocates action on their behalf to improve the quality of life.
The Financial Consumer Agency of Canada
- Canadian federal government agency working to protect and educate consumers of financial services
Harris Black Watch
- Information for victims of convicted Montreal employment con artist Harris Black, aka Harry Black.
- CBC's long-running investigative consumer program. Offers a schedule of shows, audience interaction features, past programs, files, warnings and recalls.
Public Interest Advocacy Centre (PAIC)
- A non-profit organization that provides legal and research services on behalf of consumer interests, and, in particular, vulnerable consumer interests, concerning the provision of important public services.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 17, 2007 at 16:50:00 UTC -