become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Charities
Society and Culture
Food Not Bombs
Big Brothers and Sisters of Canada
- Connecting children with adult role models.
Bridge of Hope
- Promotes poverty relief and community empowerment for poor nations. Includes history, mission statement and project details.
- A private family foundation that supports non-profit organizations and disburses funding to its Canadian charitable partners.
Buy-A-Net Malaria Prevention Group
- Seeks to prevent deaths from malaria in Africa by supplying long-lasting, insecticide-treated bed nets and anti-malaria medicine.
Call To End Hunger
- Holds fundraising events in support of The Hunger Project; a global organization empowering women and men to end their own hunger.
- A registered Canadian charity engaged in helping to raise funds for the economies of Africa and Latin America.
- Allows visitors to donate to any Canadian charity online, with no fees to either donor or charity, as well as find volunteer positions and read philanthropy-related news.
Canadian Aid for Southern Sudan
- A development and human rights organization whose projects include building schools, rehabilitating child soldiers and former slaves, and promoting gender equality.
Canadian Harambee Education Society
- A non-profit organization which raises money to provide scholarships for poor, bright high school girls in Africa. Overview, sponsors, agents, newsletter and contact information.
- Thousands of pages of news, jobs, resources, articles, training opportunities and links for the Canadian nonprofit community.
Chromosome 22 Central
- A support group for families who have children affected by disorders involving chromosome 22.
The Corporation of Massey Hall and Roy Thomson Hall
- Registered charitable not-for-profit organization dedicated to excellence in the performing arts and customer service.
The Donner Canadian Foundation
- Funding organizations undertaking public policy research and education; international affairs and development projects, land and wildlife conservation, organizations delivering social services, and medical research, arts and culture, and other projects.
Equip K.I.D.S. International
- Dedicated to helping children with disabilities in developing countries, through education and by producing and distributing assistive technology such as wheelchairs, walkers and communication devices.
Focus on the Family Canada
- A charitable Christian organization dedicated to upholding and strengthening the family unit. Offers parenting tips, webcasts and advice on common issues.
Free The Children
- An international network of children helping children through education and development programs in many countries. Describes its programs, news releases, publications and accomplishments.
Global Poverty Relief Foundation (Canada) Inc.
- Works to alleviate poverty in less developed communities outside Canada through fundraising for international agencies such as UNICEF, World Vision, CARE and the Red Cross.
Habitat for Humanity (Canada) Inc.
- Helps people build affordable housing at sites across the country, and lists information about volunteering, local affiliates and chapters, and case stories.
Health Partners International of Canada
- Distributes medicines, medical supplies and vaccines donated by Canadian industry to people in developing countries.
- A non-profit charitable development organization that funds and operates education, health, nutrition and literacy programs to help people of Peru.
The Hunger Project Canada
- Works in Latin America, Asia and Africa to achieve a sustainable end to world hunger.
- A national charitable organization that supports charities and nonprofits so they can support Canadians and communities they serve. Includes annual reports, programs details and membership information.
In Kind Canada
- National gift-in-kind charity. Companies can donate surplus material, new and used, which is then re-distributed to other charities across the country.
KRG Children's Charities
- A registered Canadian charity established by The KRG Insurance Group whose mission is to help children who have been affected by illness, poverty, disability and misfortune.
Make-A-Wish Foundation of Quebec
- Dedicated to fulfilling the special wishes of children from ages 3 through 17 who have a life-threatening illness. Includes chapters, stories, events, and how to refer a child. [Canada]
Max Bell Foundation
- A Canadian private foundation that supports a variety of registered Canadian charities. Profiles its namesake and outlines its programs, and outlines the process of applying for consideration.
Operation Rainbow Canada
- Oversees volunteer surgical teams providing free reconstructive surgery to children with cleft lip and palate, and burn scars in under-served countries.
- Canadian charitable organization dedicated to research and education into conflict resolution and peacebuilding. Includes a list of case studies and papers, as well as funding information.
- Helps children and families in Africa, Asia and Central and South America build brighter futures for themselves through community development.
Realtors Care Foundation
- Ontario real estate industry charity that supports shelter-based organizations across Ontario.
- A non-profit organization providing computer hardware, training and technical support to charities, non-profits and people with limited access to technology.
Rick Hansen Wheels in Motion
- Held annually on the second Sunday in June, this event promotes awareness of spinal cord injury and raises funds for research. Details such as time and location are provided.
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Canada
- Offers funding to registered Canadian charities to provide equipment to improve the quality of life for children with serious or chronic illnesses or disabilities.
Royal LePage Shelter Foundation
- Partners with the Canadian Women's Foundation in helping women and children fleeing violence and abuse.
The Salvation Army Prairie and Northern Territories Divisional Headquarters
- An international Christian church, this office serves Alberta, Saskatchewan and the Northern Territories. Contains news, events, FAQ and locations details.
Sandra Schmirler Foundation
- Assists families with seriously ill children. Lists national and community events, FAQs, information about Sandra and how to volunteer.
SCAW - Sleeping Children Around the World
- SCAW raises funds to provide bedkits to the neediest of children in underdeveloped and developing countries.
- Non-governmental granting agency investing in child healthcare in Canada, inspiring donations to charities for children's health and research.
SOS Children's Villages Canada
- Canadian branch of an international charity building homes and villages for orphaned and abandoned children, with SOS-Mothers to help care for them.
Super Cities Walk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Information about annual non-competitive walks that take place in over 140 communities across Canada. Lists information about Multiple Sclerosis and registration details.
T.R. Meighen Family Foundation
- A private charitable foundation established in 1969 with a gift from the founder, Mr. Theodore Roosevelt Meighen of New Brunswick. Provides granting information and criteria.
TelecomPioneers of Canada
- A charitable organization of people in the telecommunications industry. Lists community and national programs as well as provincial chapters.
The War Amps
- Offers programs and services to amputees, their families and all Canadians. [English and French]
War Child Canada
- Dedicated to providing urgently needed humanitarian assistance to war-affected children. Works closely with the music industry to help build awareness among Canadian youth.
The Weekend to End Breast Cancer
- An annual fundraising event held in major cities featuring a 'walk-a-thon' to honour lives lost, celebrate survivors, and help bring breast cancer care to people who need it.
World Job and Food Bank
- Provides help to people in less developed countries to become able to help themselves by creating income-generating small work cooperatives. Includes a list of projects, by country, and copies of their newsletter.
World Partnership Walk
- An annual walk-a-thon held in several cities across Canada to raise money and awareness to fight global poverty. An initiative of the Aga Khan Foundation Canada.
- Non-profit organization helping impoverished and malnourished children around the world.
Yahoo Group: Caring4Canadians
- For needlecrafters of all ages who are creating items to donate to Canadian charities.
- A national animal protection charity established to protect wildlife in captivity and in the wild. Importance placed on animals in captivity including zoo and performing animals.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 7, 2014 at 3:28:31 UTC -