become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Activism
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: Canada: Society and Culture: Activism
By Province or Territory
Regional: North America: Canada: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: Canada: Society and Culture: Politics
Action to End Exploitation
- Nonprofit organization working in any country to help victims of human trafficking and sexual exploitation. Current work is focused on Vietnam and Cambodia. Includes information about programs and sponsorship.
Canada Family Action Coalition (CFAC)
- A citizens action organization that provides strategies, networking, training and tools to enable ordinary Canadians to influence their government to restore Judeo-Christian moral principles.
Canadian Association of Physicians for the Environment
- Committed to the protection and promotion of human health by addressing issues of local and global environmental degradation.
Canadian Centre for Victims of Torture
- Non-profit, registered charitable organization which aids survivors to overcome the lasting effects of torture and war.
Canadian Crossroads International/Carrefour canadien international
- Non-profit organization dedicated to building a constituency of global citizens committed to voluntarism, international development and social action.
Canadian Federal Inmates and their Families
- The correctional system in Canada through the eyes of Canadian prisoners and their families.
Canadian Network on Cuba
- An umbrella network of Canada-Cuba friendship and solidarity groups. Provides information about Cuba's economic, health and political issues, photos and travel tips.
The Foster Care Council of Canada
- Organization of individuals who have been affected by foster care, working to increase public awareness of existing and emerging child welfare issues and to increase accountability and service quality in child welfare, and assistance in getting records.
- Lists user-submitted prices for gasoline, diesel, and propane at numerous locations in Canada the USA and elsewhere.
- The hub of the Canadian hacktivism sub-culture.
Institute for Public Affairs of Montreal
- Canadian public policy activist group led by Beryl Wajsman.
Make Marijuana Legal
- A blog dedicated to the legalization of marijuana, primarily within Canada, but worldwide as well.
National Citizens Coalition
- Conservative Canadian organization that promotes free enterprise, individual freedom, strong defence and better government. Outlines their current campaigns and membership information.
The Polaris Institute
- Engaged in retooling citizen movements for democratic social change in an age of corporate-driven globalization. Features articles and news about ongoing issues and projects.
Progressive Group for Independent Business
- Conservative organization that lobbies for less government, lower taxes and political accountability at all levels of Canadian government.
- National network of grassroots action groups dedicated to reforming Canada's foreign aid policy to end hunger, eliminate poverty and create a better world. [English/Francais]
Revoke Conrad Black's Order of Canada Petition
- Petition to revoke Conrad Black's Order of Canada and his membership in the Canadian Privy Council
- Holds information related to the protests of the 1999 WTO meetings in Seattle.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 12:35:02 PM EST -