become an editor
the entire directory
only in Canada/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
By Province or Territory
Climate Change Indicators
Conservation and Endangered Species
Fisheries and Oceans Agencies
Natural Resources Agencies
Products and Services
Waste and Recycling
Zoos and Aquariums
Regional: North America: Canada: Government: Departments and Agencies: Environment
Regional: North America: Canada: Society and Culture: History: Science
Regional: North America: Science and Environment
Regional: Polar Regions: Arctic: Science and Environment
This category in other languages:
Canadian Association of Geographers
- CAG is the national organization representing practicing geographers from public and private sectors and from universities. Provides events, publications and contact information.
Canadian Association of Palynologists
- Covers all branches of palynology from the Paleozoic through the Quaternary. Provides newsletter and information resource on Canadian palynology.
Canadian Association of Physicists
- Information on the association for physicists living in Canada.
Canadian Bioinformatics Workshops
- Provides information about bioinformatics in Canada. Workshops, certification and resources.
Canadian Council of Professional Engineers
- CCPE regulate the practice of engineering in Canada. Provides information on their national programs, guidelines, policies, services and initiatives.
Canadian Council on Ecological Areas
- The CCEA is committed to establishing a network of protected areas linked together in a system that will protect Canada's terrestrial and aquatic diversity in perpetuity.
Canadian Environmental Law Association
- Non-profit organization that uses existing laws to protect and advocate for the environment. Provides publications and documents related to CELA's client representation.
The Canadian Information Processing Society
- CIPS is an association of Canadian information technology (IT) professionals. Provide membership information and resources for members.
Canadian Institute for Environmental Law and Policy
- Provide leadership in the development of environmental law and policy that promotes the public interest. Site provides news, history, reports and contact information.
Canadian Mathematical Society
- Information on the CMS including activities and publications.
Canadian Medical and Biological Engineering Society
- Canada's principal society for engineering in medicine and biology. It is affiliated with the International Federation for Medical and Biological Engineering (IFMBE)and is directed toward the advancement of the theory and practice of medical device technology and the advancement of individuals in Canada who are engaged in interdisciplinary work involving engineering, the life sciences and medicine.
Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society
- Mission is the advancement of meteorology and oceanography in Canada. Provides information on services, membership and links.
Canadian Mycological Resource
- A mycological portal for Canadians. Information and links which are useful for amateur and professional mycologists.
Canadian Operational Research Society
- Provides information, bulletins and activities. Site in English and French.
Canadian Poisonous Plants Information System
- Presents data on plants that cause poisoning in livestock, pets, and humans. Includes search feature by botanical or common name and notes on the effects of ingesting each plant.
Canadian Society of Environmental Biologists
- Non-profit registered society, whose primary focus is to further the conservation and prudent management of Canada's natural resources based on sound ecological principles. Provides tools, resource links, job listings and contact information.
Canadian Soils Information System
- Soils maps and descriptions, plus information on related topics in agriculture and ecology.
- Forum for professionals who manage environmental issues related to industry to network, develop solutions, and access environmental information and resources. Events, legislation and resources.
- Program to take polluting cars off the roads in British Columbia, Alberta, and Ontario. Participants are offered a free tow of the vehicle and financial incentives.
Chemical Institute of Canada
- Umbrella organization for the Canadian Society for Chemistry, the Canadian Society for Chemical Engineering and the Canadian Society for Chemical Technology. Information and resources.
David Suzuki Foundation
- An environmental non-profit organization working to design a vision of Earth in which humans live within the planet's productive capacity, and finding and communicating practical steps to bring that vision to reality. Includes news and articles.
- Protects the environment by upholding and enforcing Canada's environmental laws, providing free legal advice and representation. Information on environmental conditions and issues (examples include air and water pollution, impacts of logging, endangered species, and B.C. salmon).
The Ecology Action Centre
- Canadian group has been an active advocate in protecting the environment since 1972. Working on issues of transportartion, wilderness, sustainable communities and the marine environment.
Empowering Environmental Students on the World Wide Web
- Provides one-stop resources for environmental information. News, events, links, issues and archives.
Energy Probe Research Foundation
- An independent think tank of public policy researchers, assisted by a team of interns, volunteers, and other support staff, working in diverse areas of concern to citizens. Features news, speakers bureau details and annual report.
Entomological Society of Canada
- Promoting research and disseminating knowledge of insects. Contains history of the organization, publications, articles, common names of insects, calendar of meetings and events, and links.
- To equip Canadians to participate in shaping international trade and finance regimes that enhance environmental quality, social cohesion and sustainable development at home and abroad
Environmental Bureau of Investigation
- EBI is a project of the Energy Probe Research Foundation (EPRF). Protect public resources through the application and enforcement of environmental laws.Features the Citizens Guide to Environmental Investigation and Private Prosecution online.
Environmental Defence Canada
- Provides assistance in environmental law for environmental protection and the tools and knowledge to protect and improve the environment. Site has news, articles and resources.
The Evergreen Foundation
- Work to create healthy cities through innovative community naturalization projects across Canada - on school grounds, on public lands, and on the home landscape. Provides information about programs, resources and events.
First Nations Environmental Network
- A circle of Canadian First Nations people working to protect and restore the balance of all life through traditional Indigenous values.
Friends of the Earth Canada
- Environmental organizations that campaign on the most urgent environmental and social issues of the day. Information on the activities of FOE.
The Genetics Society of Canada (GSC)
- Promotes research in genetics. Features annual conference information, history and membership application.
Great Canadian Scientists
- Meet some great Canadian scientists and learn about their achievements. The site consists of early draft chapters of the book, as well as a great reference for learning more about the scientists.
- Independent campaigning organization that uses non-violent, creative confrontation to expose global environmental problems. Provides information, news, resources and research solutions.
International Institute for Sustainable Development
- IISD promotes sustainable development in decision-making. Info on Community Adaptation and Sustainable Livelihoods (CASL) program. Resources addressing climate change and adaptation in the Arctic and Great Plains.
Library and Archives Canada
- Federal cultural agency responsible for collecting and preserving Canada's published heritage so that it's available for present and future generations of Canadians.
Mining Watch Canada
- Provides response to the threats to public health, water and air quality, fish and wildlife habitat and community interests posed by irresponsible mineral policies and practices in Canada and around the world.
North American Commission for Environmental Cooperation
- The CEC address regional environmental concerns and promote the enforcement of environmental law. Complements the environmental provisions of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). Provides news, events, projects, information and resources.
NRC - Research Press
- Part of Canada Institute for Scientific and Technical Information (CISTI), NRC Research Press publishes scholarly journals, monographs, conferences and allied publications in paper and electronic format.
Partnership Group for Science and Engineering
- PAGSE is a cooperative association of more than 20 national organizations in science and engineering. Provides information on events, publications and links.
Pembina Institute for Appropriate Development
- Independent, citizen-based non-profit organization involved in environmental education, research, public policy development, and corporate environmental management services.
People and Planet
- A gateway to environment, peace and sustainable living sites, featuring eco-jobs, volunteer opportunities, events, resources, and an e-mail newsletter.
- A leading Canadian environmental organization on many issues. Provide information, publications and activities.
Prairie Regional Research Data Centre
- Computer lab which hosts Statistics Canada surveys permitting longitudinal research in several Health and Social Sciences fields. Provides description of services.
Science and Technology for Canadians
- Government of Canada portal for science and technology. Provides features, links, news and activities for the public like Citizen Watch.
Sierra Club of Canada
- Work on matters of public policy and environmental awareness. Information on local chapters and working groups in every region of the country.
Sierra Youth Coalition / Coalition Jeunesse Sierra
- The SYC is the youth-run branch of the Sierra Club of Canada that serves as an action centre for youth concerned about the environment.
Statistical Society of Canada
- Information, resources and publications.
TD Friends of the Environment Foundation
- Provides funding for grassroots environmental projects across the country. Includes information about ways to get involved and grants. [English and French]
- Provides education, technical assistance, resources and financial support through working partnerships to encourage Canadians to plant and care for trees in rural and urban areas.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 18, 2014 at 13:35:04 UTC -