become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/History
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: Canada: Quebec: Society and Culture: History
Regional: North America: Canada: Society and Culture: History
This category in other languages:
- Contains descriptions and reproductions of documents related to New France, from different archival centres in France and Canada.
Carignan-Salières Regiment Lineage
- This regiment was used between 1665 and 1668 to combat the Iroquois threat to the struggling colony of New France.
Carillon and Grenville Railway
- Canada's last broad gauge railway.
Documents on the October Crisis
- Documents, speeches and interpretations regarding the October, 1970 crisis in Quebec involving the kidnapping of diplomat James Cross and Cabinet Minister Pierre LaPorte by the Front de Liberation du Quebec.
From New France to Modern Quebec
- A summary of the history of Quebec from the New France era (1524) to modern day.
Hebridean Scots of the Province of Quebec
- A history of the Scots who emigrated from the Isle of Lewis in the Nineteenth Century and settled in Quebec.
Lachine Canal National Historic Site
- Official site for the history of the Lachine Canal.
Laurentian Heritage WebMagazine
- A window on the history of the Laurentians, a guide to the region's heritage, past and present, and a way to encourage people of all ages to visit the region in person.
Michel Robert's New France / Nouvelle-France
- Tidbits from the history of ancestors. Various original lists: Ships, Carignan, Census, first settlers, and town plans.
New France Culture
- Early history of Quebec with a focus on the beliefs and values imported into a Canadian culture.
Quebec Heritage Web
- A portal to the history and heritage of the various regions of Quebec, produced by the Quebec Anglophone Heritage Network (QAHN).
Quebec History - Marianopolis College
- A collection of resources about various topics related to Quebec's history.
Société du patrimoine des beaucerons (The Beauce Historical Society )
- Historical and genealogical research center in Beauce area. It seeks archival, genealogical, patrimonial and architectural preservation.
The Montreal Universal and International Exhibition of 1967
- The World Fair of Montreal received more than 50 million visitors in six months during the year 1967. This site was conceived from the "Expo 67 Official Guide" which appeared in April of that year.
Virtual Museum of New France
- Features information about ancestors of today's Quebecois, explorers and folk art.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 12:12:09 AM EDT -