the entire directory
only in Montreal/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Dawson College Shooting
Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
Regional: North America: Canada: Quebec: Metro Areas: Montreal: Society and Culture
This category in other languages:
- Non profit organization of Czech and Slovak communities in the Montreal area, operating camp Hostyn in St-Calixte for family recreation.
Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Montreal
- Thanks to the recruitment of adults who become volunteers in the organism, BBBS of MTL offers mentoring services to help children issued from single parent families.
Boys and Girls Club of LaSalle
- Offers programs for the development of self esteem, leadership skills and positive communication. [French and English]
- Saint Laurent center seeking to help youth and reduce the number of drop-outs. Information about their tutoring program, nutrition project, and internship program.
Centre de Benevolat SARPAD
- A non-profit organization which helps older, less functional adults and caregivers responsible for a disabled person or older adult, especially in the Cote-des-Neiges area. Services include assistance with errands, visits, and exercise companionship.
Comedy Show Benefit for Lolita
- Contains details about a girl who has suffered with cerebral palsy and visual impairment since birth. Includes photos and a list of comedians who took part in the ‘Laugh Without Limits’ benefit.
En Marge 12-17
- Offers help and shelter to youth in difficulty ages 12 to 17 years. Includes mission statement, training session details, and contact information.
Flags of Montreal
- A collection of flags, coats of arms and symbols from the municipalities which have existed on the island of Montreal.
The Free Spirit Centre
- A virtual centre based on personal and soul growth, healing, and human issues where like-minded free spirits connect from around the world.
Head and Hands
- Promotes the physical and mental health of young people in Montreal, and outlines the social and medical services they provide.
- Centre for youth, 10-19 years old in downtown Montreal. Programs, location, partners, and photos.
Mission of the Great Shepherd
- Serves Montreal's needy by providing clothing, household appliances and furniture, counselling, family support, job training and a referral service.
- A source for ideas, activities and resources for families in the Montreal area.
Montreal Amateur Radio Club
- Information about the club, meetings, and links.
Montreal Children's Hospital Family Resource Library
- Serves patients and families of the Montreal Children's Hospital with books, videos and pamphlets about children's medical conditions as well as toys and workstations for children and parents.
Montreal Children's Hospital Foundation
- A Canadian children's charity that funds equipment purchases, improvement of patient care, and research into kids' diseases and chronic illnesses. FAQ, calendar, and publications.
Montreal Jewish Community Centres
- The YM-YWHA / Montreal Jewish Community Centres serves as a focal point of social, cultural, recreational, fitness and sports activities.
Native Friendship Centre of Montreal
- Non-profit, non sectarian, autonomous community development agency whose principal mission is to promote, develop and enhance the quality of life of the urban Aboriginal community of Montreal.
Native Women's Shelter of Montreal
- Provides Aboriginal women and their children a safe and supportive environment.
- A major Montreal cemetery since 1854, and a source for genealogical research within French Canadian society. Includes a database of the deceased, maps and related services.
Observatoire de la Ville Interieure
- Collects and disseminates information on Montreal's indoor and underground city, and includes research work being done and the partners engaged in the project.
Old Brewery Mission
- Provides safe shelter, nourishing meals and personal contact for people unable to care for themselves. Explains their services and provides contact information.
Pregnancy Counselling Centre
- Offers friendship, assistance and support services to pregnant teens and women as well as to their partners, during pregnancy, foreseen or not. History of the centre, symptoms of pregnancy, and services offered.
- Renaissance offers training programs for social reintegration of people seeking a job opportunity. Goodwill donation for recycling projects, used furniture, clothing, and other salvage merchandise.
Society for the Study of Egyptian Antiquities
- Society promoting studies and knowledge of Ancient Egyptian Civilization. The Quebec chapter and related events in Montreal.
- Information for and about the Ukrainian community in Montreal, with historical background, community traditions, photographs, news and events.
- Ukrainian community radio program and calendar. Radio broadcast from CFMB 1280 AM, Saturdays at 6:00 PM. Audio archives on the web site.
Ukrainian Youth Association (CYM): Montreal
- A look at Ukrainian life and culture in Montreal.
Society and Culture
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 14, 2014 at 0:45:08 UTC -