become an editor
the entire directory
only in Arts_and_Entertainment/Museums
Arts and Entertainment
Open Directory - Regional: North America: Canada: Quebec: Localities: M: Montreal: Arts and Entertainment: Museums
Regional: North America: Canada: Quebec: Localities: M: Montreal: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: Canada: Quebec: Localities: M: Montreal: Travel and Tourism: Attractions
This category in other languages:
Biodôme de Montreal
- Presents 5 ecosystems: the Tropical, Laurentian forests, the St. Lawrence marine ecosystem, and the Polar World - Arctic and Antarctic. Visitor information, technology behind the scenes, exhibit and animal descriptions and photos, education program summary, and research project details.
- Exhibits on the environment, water, and ecosystems. An overview, the history of the museum, educational activities, and Environment Canada links.
Canadian Centre for Architecture
- A museum and study centre devoted to international architecture
The Cinémathèque québécoise
- The history of the museum and a description of exhibits. Site is in English, French, and Spanish with additional information given in French.
Galerie Leonard & Bina Ellen Gallery
- Gallery devoted to showing contemporary art and historical Canadian art. Includes a catalogue of its publications.
Insectarium de Montréal
- A museum with collections of live and mounted insects. History, goals, programs, and exhibits.
- A small farm and historical museum. Hours of operation, location, and admission rates.
- History museum with collections dating primarily from the 19th century to today, chronicling the heritage of Montreal and Quebec. Guided tours, school programs, archives, cultural activities.
Montreal Museum Day
- An annual event where Montreal museums offer free admission and shuttle bus service. Bus routes and participating museum links.
Montreal Museum of Contemporary Art
- Exhibitions exploring the main trends in contemporary art. Features painting, sculpture, art video, and new media. Exhibits, activities, publications, and membership information.
The Montreal Museum of Fine Arts
- A dynamic social and cultural institution that has something for people of all ages. Information on the museum's history, collections, exhibitions and a "virtual visit" via webcam.
The Montreal Science Centre
- Exhibits on 12 advanced industrial sectors, and two movie theatres. Virtual tour, photos, and a webzine.
Musee d'Art Contemporain de Montreal - Media Centre
- A site of the contemporary art museum devoted to documentary research in contemporary art, and provides a directory of contemporary arts websites and lists of research products.
Musée des Hospitalières de l'Hôtel-Dieu de Montréal
- The history of the museum, visiting hours and admission fees are available in English. Additional information about the exhibits and activities is available in French.
- A museum of archeology and history, featuring remarkable architectural remains displayed in situ, along with hundreds of artifacts. Lists featured exhibitions, coming events, educational programs, administration and press releases, and a virtual tour.
- Located since 1955 at the Fort on Île Sainte-Hélène near Montreal, this museum tells the history of the discovery, exploration and development of Canada, and its close relationship with the civilizations of Western Europe, which gave it birth.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 14, 2014 at 16:42:03 UTC -