become an editor
the entire directory
only in Ontario/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Conservation and Endangered Species
Fossils and Paleontology
Regional: North America: Canada: Science and Environment
This category in other languages:
Air Quality Ontario
- Provides smog alerts, air quality forecasts and suggestions to reduce pollution for Ontarians.
AMRC - Association of Municipal Recyclers
- Recycling tips, members' public pages, section for members only, executive organization, notices of education, workshops and information sessions news and reports.
Dufferin County Forest
- Information about this forest located about 1.5 hours drive northwest of Toronto.
EcoDriver - Green Communities Canada
- Offers tips about fuel-efficient driving, buying a fuel-efficient car and driving less.
The Green Pages
- Provides information about the environment, conservation, education and includes free e-mail.
Haliburton-Muskoka Children's Water Festival
- An annual event with hands-on interactive activities that teach students the properties and uses of water, and the importance of water conservation and protection.
Oak Ridges Moraine Foundation
- The ORMF provides funding to protect the Oak Ridges Moraine, an ecosystem that stretches across Central Ontario. Provides maps of the Moraine and a vision for its future.
Ontario Clean Air Alliance
- A coalition of health, environmental and consumer organizations utilities, municipalities and individuals working for cleaner air through strict emission limits and a phase-out of coal in the electricity sector.
Ontario Environment Industry Association
- Private sector, not-for-profit association dedicated to promoting the economic health of environment business, thereby strengthening its domestic and international competitiveness.
Ontario Genomics Institute
- Not-for-profit corporation focused on world-class genomics research. It cultivates, funds and manages large-scale genomics projects and the genomics resources they create.
Ontario Horticultural Association
- Provides information, organization and networks for Ontario gardeners. The OHA publishes a quarterly newsletter and conducts an annual convention, promotes youth participation and the furtherance of horticulture and community interests.
Ontario Nature - Federation of Ontario Naturalists
- Protects and restores natural habitats through research, education and conservation. Includes aims and overviews, a shopping page, projects and advocacy, membership information, and an events listing.
Ontario Professional Foresters Association
- Governs the standards of practice of forestry in the province, and lists information about legislation, policies and guidelines, membership, news and a classified advertising section.
Ontario Science Centre
- Information about the Youth Section of the OSC.
- A non-profit organization of volunteers in partnership with government and other agencies to improve access and habitat for migratory rainbow trout in southern Ontario.
- Raises public awareness in volunteer stream and watershed projects.
Ontario Sustainable Energy Association (OSEA)
- An organization formed to implement community sustainable energy projects across Ontario.
Point Clark Beach Association
- Information and links about environmental issues affecting the water and beach quality of Lake Huron at Point Clark, Ontario.
- Dedicated to the preservation of wilderness areas, particularly of Quetico Park.
RCO - Recycling Council of Ontario
- Provides information concerning recycling and waste minimization programs in the province of Ontario. Includes related links.
Severn Sound Environmental Association
- Information about projects and programs to improve water quality and restore wildlife habitat in the Severn Sound area.
The Southern Ontario Seismic Network
- Seven permanent seismic stations and four remote dialup seismic stations located mainly in the Toronto, Hamilton, Niagara peninsula area of Southern Ontario.
- Coalition of 25 citizens' groups and individuals concerned about preserving the ecological integrity of the Oak Ridges Moraine. Includes news releases, photos, background information, related events and membership information.
The Tadpole Monitoring Project
- An M.Sc. research project that seeks to involve in the public in monitoring ponds and wetlands in Ontario to obtain information regarding catastrophic amphibian tadpole die-offs.
Water Environment Association of Ontario
- A not for profit organization of over 1200 technical and professional individuals dedicated to the preservation and enhancement of Ontario's water environment
- Describes the 740 km trail stretching along the shore of Lake Ontario and the ongoing effort towards a regenerated waterfront. Includes project information, maps, articles, and contact details.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 8, 2015 at 18:47:54 UTC -