become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Activism
Society and Culture
Regional: North America: Canada: Ontario: Society and Culture: Activism
Action Canada for Population and Development
- ACPD supports and advances action on population and development to improve children's lives.
Action Logement/Action Housing
- Charitable organization providing support and information to those in need of housing.
Aga Khan Foundation Canada
- Non-profit international development agency. Agency profile, including membership, current activities.
Canadian Fallen Firefighters Foundation
- An association honouring firefighters injured or killed on the job. Information about past activities and plans for new memorial at Lebreton Flats.
- Web-based initiative to promote peace, disarmament and social justice.
Church Council on Justice and Corrections
- Volunteer, religious-based organization involved in oversight of Canadian justice and correction system. Membership, current issues, video and book products.
Citizens for Safe Cycling
- Voluntary association of cyclists who work for better, safer, environmentally-friendly cycling in Ottawa.
Coalition to Oppose the Arms Trade
- Protest coalition, publisher of "Press for Conversion" quarterly magazine.
- Organization providing housing information and assistance to people in need of affordable housing. Information for tenants and landlords, including listings.
Human Concern International
- Charitable organization whose mission is "to help alleviate human suffering" internationally. Mission, projects and current events / campaigns information.
- Organization working to build understanding about the causes and effects of poverty and injustice, and the need for social change. Mission, projects and publications information.
Kanata Environmental Network
- Group of concerned citizens working together to raise awareness of environmental issues in Kanata. Organization, events and pesticide usage issue information.
Legacy of Hope Foundation
- Promoting awareness and understanding about the legacy of residential schools and the effects and intergenerational impacts on First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples. Organizational profile, news.
- Aboriginal women's support healing lodge. Organization profile, including programs and services information.
National Aboriginal Circle Against Family Violence
- Information, advocacy and training support organization. Programs, services and events information.
- Non-profit housing corporation providing housing to people at risk of homelessnes, and support for those tenants.
- Coalition of anti-war activists. News, events information, articles.
Project Clear Skies
- Information about the program of the Ottawa Airport Authority providing grants for capital projects for registered charities.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 6, 2014 at 6:35:06 UTC -