become an editor
the entire directory
only in Ottawa/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Open Directory - Regional: North America: Canada: Ontario: Localities: O: Ottawa: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: Canada: Ontario: Science and Environment
Archaeological and Historical Landmarks of Ottawa
- Several essays on sites, buildings, structures of interest in Ottawa.
CANMET Energy Technology Centre
- Centre for energy technology research, including sponsorship and information. Organization profile, including information for potential grantees, past research, and featured energy web site links.
Canadian National Collection of Insects, Arachnids and Nematods
- Huge collection housed in the K.W. Neatby Building of the Eastern Cereal and Oilseed Research Centre in Ottawa. Profile of collection, its history and role in research.
Fitzroy Provincial Park
- Cathedral forest of century-old white with recreational facilities, on Ottawa River. Information about facilities, events, activities, reservations and provincial park links.
Friends of Petrie Island
- Organization helping to manage and interpret a greenspace area on the Ottawa River. Photo gallery, bird call gallery, newsletter.
Friends of The Carp River
- Volunteer organization dedicated to 'restoring the ribbon of life along the Carp River.' Activities, news, studies and contact information are provided.
- Gateway to green and sustainable organizations and resources in the Ottawa-Gatineau area. Includes green job postings and events calendar.
Greenspace Alliance of Canada's Capital
- Group dedicated to the preservation of greenspace. Mission, current projects, membership information.
Little Ray's Reptile Adventure
- Zoo of lizards, snakes, turtles, amphibians and spiders. Information about birthday and presentation packages, plus pictures and videos of various specimens.
Macoun Field Club
- A nature club for kids ages 9 to 20 sponsored by the Canadian Museum of Nature and the Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. Membership and events information is provided.
Marbek Resource Consultants
- An environment and energy management consulting firm, providing policy and program advice in energy efficiency, sustainable development, and environmental assessment.
National Capital Region's Wildlife Festival
- Annual wildlife heritage festival. The wildlife events, contests, ceremonies, sponsors, exhibitors, and related links are described.
Ottawa Forests Advisory Committee
- Volunteers providing inputs to City Council on tree and forest management policies and promoter of the role of the city's trees and forests in the quality of life. Activities, meetings and current issues are presented.
Ottawa Horticultural Society
- Amateur garden club which promotes and encourages interest and improvement in horticultural activities. List of events, pictures, newsletters, and membership details are presented.
Ottawa Orchid Society
- Promotes orchid growing and native species conservation, holds annual Orchid Show. Photo gallery, current activities, orchid culture, membership information.
- Promotes the use of the scientific method, critical thinking and rational thought in the community.
Ottawa Valley Astronomy andObservers Group
- Informal, bilingual, non-profit group with an 'undying curiosity of the night sky and its many wonders.' Events, organization, resource links.
Rideau Valley Conservation Authority
- An environmental protection and advisory agency for the Rideau watershed. About the agency, its conservation areas, upcoming events, and ongoing programs.
Tree Canada Foundation
- Volunteer organization promoting the planting of trees to promote quality of life. CO2 calculators, forestry news, tree science information and ecology news.
Wild Bird Care Centre
- Dedicated to the care and treatment of sick, injured and orphaned wild birds for release back to the wild. Includes tips for handling baby birds, pigeon facts, list of needed items, and membership form.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, June 5, 2010 12:49:13 PM EDT -