become an editor
the entire directory
only in Nova_Scotia/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Regional: North America: Canada: Regions: Atlantic: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: Canada: Science and Environment
Society: Issues: Environment: Conservation and Endangered Species: Regional: North America: Canada: Nova Scotia
This category in other languages:
- Environment Canada monitors acid, weather, pollution deposits, precipitation and marine fog chemistry. Explains the effects and trends of acid and links to science sites in the same genre.
Atlantic Coastal Action Program (ACAP)
- A community-based program that helps Atlantic Canadians restore and sustain watersheds and adjacent coastal areas. Features information about their projects and initiatives and a list of publications.
Centre for Water Resources Studies
- The centre applies research resources of DalTech and Dalhousie University to address water problems. It offers on site research, reports and software for download, studies, panels and contact information.
Deep Sea Corals of Atlantic Canada
- Photos and an article about deep sea coral reefs found off the coast of Nova Scotia.
Forest Protection Wildfire Management Group
- This government agency monitors weather and forest conditions during the fire season. Features a fire map for the province, fire weather index and a link to the Fire Smart program.
- Land Information Services manages the geoNova database and provides links to geographic information at provincial and federal sites.
The Museum of Natural History
- Exhibitions of local geology, animals and space. Offers list of current exhibits, event lists, information for school visits, history and online guides to local plants and animals.
Natural History of Nova Scotia
- An in depth look at the natural history of the province, available for download. [PDF]
Nova Scotia Environment: Groundwater
- Regulatory information, research studies, maps and resources for home owners and industry pertaining to local groundwater resources.
Nova Scotia Ground Water Association
- Encourages the management and protection of groundwater resources through education and partnerships with stakeholders. Offers membership information, newsletters, articles.
Nova Scotia Science Fair Innovators' Discovery Exchange Network
- A resource to promote student success in science project work. Designed so that students can contribute to the resources and find help projects. Discusses events, partners, projects, chat and student mail.
Nova Scotian Institute of Science
- Information about the Institute, its meetings, publications, research equipment directory, and joining instructions. The Institute publishes a quarterly entitled Proceedings, which is offered for sale.
Registered Professional Foresters Association of Nova Scotia
- Non-profit organization dedicated to forestry offers profile, membership information, articles, links and photo galleries.
Science and Nature
- A directory of government resources to do with science and the environment.
Solar Nova Scotia
- Promotes renewable energy using passive and active solar, photovoltaics, wind, biomass and geothermal. Site offers a course, publications and upcoming events.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 19, 2014 at 5:37:33 UTC -