become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/History
Newfoundland and Labrador
Society and Culture
Regional: North America: Canada: Society and Culture: History
1880's Newfoundland: A Pictorial
- Depicts the cultural heritage of Newfoundland in the 1880's. It displays social, economic and religious aspects of the time which has influenced the province as it is today.
- Provides an overview of the book Atlantic Sentinel including vintage photographs. Focuses on the critical role that Newfoundland played in transatlantic telegraph communications and chronicles the submarine cable landings in the 1850s.
Flickr: Where Once They Stood We Stand
- This is for images reflecting the personal or public history and memories of Newfoundlanders and Labradorians. This would include historic buildings, old family pictures, places that were significant to personal memories or public history.
Historic Sites Association of Newfoundland and Labrador
- A volunteer, non-profit organization to protect, preserve, promote and interpret the province's history and heritage. Includes association profile, events listing, attractions, related links and contacts.
Newfoundland and Labrador Heritage
- A detailed history describing the natural environment, aboriginal peoples, society, economy and culture, exploration and settlement, the arts and law and government.
- Articles on the province's history, geography, politics, culture, and famous Newfoundlanders.
Religion, Society and Culture in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Includes collection of articles, documents, pictures and links about various faiths and religions that played a role in this province's history.
- Dedicated to keeping the history of Labrador alive by documenting and preserving the old ways and early days of Labrador.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 19, 2015 at 8:05:04 UTC -