become an editor
the entire directory
only in Health/Mental_Health
Addictions and Substance Abuse
Autism Support Groups
Health: Mental Health
Science: Social Sciences: Psychology
Canadian Horticultural Therapy Association
- Assisting with program development, research, and to promote the professional use of horticulture as a therapy.
Canadian Mental Health Association
- Promotes good mental health and advocates for social change.
Canadian Music Therapy Trust Fund
- Supervises training and maintains ethical standards in music therapy. Includes directories of music therapy centres in Canada, with related resources.
The Centennial Centre for Mental Health and Brain Injury
- A state of the art centre that treats and cares for people with psychiatric disorders and brain injury. Located in the parkland region of Alberta. Includes a facility tour and summary of their programs.
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Largest mental health and addictions facility in Canada. Site contains information about the centre as well as mental health resources.
The Compassionate Friends Of Canada
- An organization for families who have suffered the death of a child from any cause. Provides contacts at local chapters, articles and information about Sharing Meetings and volunteering.
- A directory of mental health assistance, resources and events sorted by province and community.
Fragile X Research Foundation of Canada
- Funds investigation of the most common inherited form of mental impairment and developmental disability, and provides newsletters and discussion groups, invites applications for research grants, and explains how to donate or join.
Lifeline Anxiety Disorder Newsletter
- Information and articles from this quarterly publication, in print since 1994, for victims of anxiety disorders, their families and friends. Includes a message board, links and poetry as well as subscription details.
- Michael Gordon offers private clinical practice in coaching/psychotherapy. Includes profile, information about services, weblog and contact form.
National Eating Disorder Information Centre
- A Toronto-based, non-profit organization which provides information and resources on eating disorders and weight preoccupation.
NLP Canada Training Inc.
- Offers personal and professional training and therapeutic applications incorporating neuro linguistic programming (NLP).
- Specializing in the management and development of Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs).
Professional Board of Hypnotherapy, Inc.
- A voluntary membership organization to provide a service of networking, education, and marketing for our member therapists. Includes a member referral service.
A Report on Mental Illnesses in Canada
- Describes major mental illnesses and outlines their incidence and prevalence, causation, impact, stigma, and prevention and treatment. From the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC).
Schizophrenia Society of Canada
- Provides information about the disease and links to other web sites dealing with this mental illness.
Susan B. Lieberman's Family Support Network
- A family therapist and public speaker who offers information on her clinic as well as reports, articles, resources and suggested reading.
Truehope Nutritional Support Ltd.
- Non-medical group involved in researching and overcoming central nervous system disorders through nutrition. Concerns include clinical depression, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), schizophrenia, fibromyalgia, Tourette's syndrome, and chronic fatigue syndrome.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 23, 2014 at 6:05:03 UTC -