become an editor
the entire directory
only in Health/Associations
Open Directory - Regional: North America: Canada: Health: Associations
Dietitians and Nutritionists
Regional: North America: Canada: Society and Culture: Politics: Issues: Health Care
This category in other languages:
Association of Faculties of Medicine of Canada
- The association is concerned with medical education and biomedical and health research. Offers background, news, publications, issues and links to Canadian faculties of medicine.
Be Healthy Canada
- National organization providing directories for health information and services for each province and territory. Lists local authorities and organizations, databases, surveys and statistics, news and message groups.
- A national organization representing other health care, agricultural, food, and research groups involved in biotechnology. Provides education about the field of biotechnology and its applications.
Canadian Addiction Counsellors Certification Federation (CACCF)
- Voluntary, non-profit organization for the certification of alcohol and drug counselors. Provides local chapter listings, membership information and job postings.
Canadian Association of Emergency Physicians
- Provides national guidelines for the practice of emergency medicine, as well as keeping physicians informed of developments in this field.
Canadian Association of General Surgeons
- Providing continuing education opportunities and public policies in the areas of clinical care, education, and research.
Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists
- A national certifying body for radiological, radiation, nuclear medicine, and magnetic resonance professionals. Also provides training and continued education to its members.
Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists
- An organization providing services, products and networking opportunities to its members.
Canadian Association of Prosthetists and Orthotists
- Information on new initiatives, professional issues, certification news, and general information.
Canadian Association of Radiation Oncologists
- A professional organization offering educational materials, employment opportunities and news bulletins.
Canadian Association of Social Workers
- A federation of social work organizations serving a national role in strengthening and advancing the social work profession in Canada. [English and French]
Canadian Bioethics Society
- A multidisciplinary society of professionals and students concerned with the ethical and humane aspects of health care. Links to educational resources and the society's newsletter are available on the site.
Canadian Burn Survivors Association
- Referrals, information and links to world-wide support organizations.
Canadian Cardiovascular Society
- Offers information on the structure, activities, and policies of the society and describes cardiovascular research and resources in Canada.
Canadian Dermatology Association
- Provides continuing medical education for its members, advocates for improved patient care and provides public education on several aspects of skin care.
Canadian Health Coalition
- An advocacy group representing unions, seniors, women, students, consumers and health care professionals, towards preserving Medicare and improving the health system.
Canadian Healthcare Association
- A federation of provincial and territorial hospital and health organizations. In addition to information on their involvement in policy development and advocacy, a list of their publications is available.
Canadian Medical Association
- Provides information about the organization, its policies and activities. Resources include online medical journals, clinical practice guidelines, and health care news.
Canadian MedicAlert Foundation
- Emergency medical information service provides identification bracelets, and 24hr-accessible computerized medical files to medical personnel.
Canadian Oncology Societies (COS)
- A professional association for physicians, nurses and pharmacy professionals involved in cancer research and treatment. Facilitates professional communication between members.
The Canadian Orthopaedic Association
- Providing continuing medical education, membership and fellowship information as well as selected news and scientific articles.
The Canadian Orthoptic Society
- A professional organization providing continuing education, news updates, job postings and networking opportunities for its members.
Canadian Physiotherapy Association
- Includes a physiotherapist directory, information on care and therapy and conditions treated by physiotherapy.
Canadian Podiatric Medical Association
- A professional organization of 200 members having received their education in the United States, and aiming to provide public education about foot care.
Canadian Podiatry Education Foundation
- Established to educate the public on foot health and to maintain the best quality foot care to the public through education.
Canadian Public Health Association
- A national, independent, voluntary association representing and providing education about public health issues.
Canadian Red Cross
- News and information about fundraising, volunteering and relief programs as well as job listings.
Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology
- Provides information about the society, conferences, publications, press releases and offers a physical activity guide.
Canadian Society for International Health
- Includes information about this voluntary organization as well as publications and details about travel clinics.
Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science
- CSMLS is Canada's national certifying body for medical laboratory technologists and medical laboratory assistants, and a voluntary professional society for medical laboratory professionals with members in Canada and in countries around the world.
Canadian Women's Health Network
- A network of individuals, groups, organizations and institutions concerned with women's health. The CWHN recognizes the importance of information sharing, education and advocacy in this field.
Community and Hospital Infection Control Association
- Dedicated to improving the health of Canadians by promoting excellence in the practice of infection prevention and control.
Doctors without Borders
- Official site of 1999 Nobel Peace Prize winning humanitarian organisation featuring work by award winning documentary photographer Conrad Duroseau and others.
Gay and Lesbian Medical Association
- Aims at improving health services for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people. Provides a referral program, continuing education, and publishes a quarterly medical journal.
Institute for Work and Health (IWH)
- An independent, not-for-profit organization who conducts and shares research with workers, labour, employers, clinicians and policy-makers to promote, protect and improve the health of working people.
The Islet Foundation
- Islet xenotransplantation has reversed diabetes in people and monkeys without immunosuppressive drugs, and may deliver the cure within this decade.
Medical Council of Canada
- Created by the Canada Medical Act, promotes a qualification in medicine, maintains the Canadian Medical Register, and supports research in the field of medical examinations.
Medical Reform Group
- Voluntary association of socially-concerned physicians and medical students.
National Association for Physical Activity and Health (NAPAH)
- A non-profit organization empowering Canadians to achieve optimum wellness through physical activity and healthy lifestyles.
National United Professional Association of Trained Homeopaths
- Professional organization providing a directory of practitioners, membership information and general details about homeopathy.
Paramedic Association of Canada
- Canada’s only EMS organization of prehospital practitioners that exists to promote quality and professional patient care. Includes history, initiatives and board member list.
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- National organization responsible for setting and maintaining the standards for postgraduate medical education, for certifying specialist physicians and surgeons, and promoting their continued education.
The Society of Obstetricians and Gyneacologists of Canada
- Establishes clinical practice guidelines, provides consumer information as well as services for its members such as continuing education and conferences. [PDF]
Society of Rural Physicians of Canada
- A voluntary, professional organization aiming to provide support to its members and engaging in research dealing with rural health issues.
St. John Ambulance Canada
- A humanitarian organization offering first aid training, volunteering opportunities, medical supplies and safety information.
Starlight Children's Foundation
- A non-profit organization that lifts the spirits of seriously ill children and their loved ones with a variety of innovative programs, services and events.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 11, 2013 at 5:35:03 UTC -