become an editor
the entire directory
only in Canada/Health
By Province or Territory
Abortion Alternative Services
Abortion Clinics and Services
Addictions and Substance Abuse
Assisted Living Facilities
Conditions and Diseases
Cosmetic and Plastic Surgeons
CPR and First Aid Education and Training
Home Health Care Providers
Occupational Health and Safety
Pain Management Clinics
Regional: North America: Canada: Business and Economy: Shopping: Health Products
Regional: North America: Canada: Government: Departments and Agencies: Health
Regional: North America: Health
This category in other languages:
- Federal government department that encourages the health of Canadians through promotion and prevention activities, and supports the health system through research funding and the support of provincial/territorial health systems.
AIM Health Group
- A Canadian health care company whose delivery divisions include clinical research, medical assessments, occupational health, multi-disciplinary rehabilitation, medical acute care, family practice and specialty clinics.
Arts In Health
- Works in hospitals and healthcare environments with hospital administrators and staff to utilize and understand the value of the arts in healthcare.
- Makers of the Elastoplast brand of first aid care products. Features information including advanced healing products.
Canadian Association of Blue Cross Plans
- Non-profit health insurance
Canadian Association on Gerontology - CAG
- A multidisciplinary scientific and educational association providing leadership in the area of aging in Canada. Features information about conferences, publications and mentoring program.
Canadian Decompression and Pain Centers
- CDPC offers multi-disciplinary therapeutic services to patients, including the use of neuro-oxygen spinal decompression therapy/surgery to diagnose, treat and relieve chronic back and neck pain. Features company profile, video about spinal decompression, FAQ and testimonials.
Canadian Wellness Health Professional Directory
- Canadian directory of health and wellness related businesses. Covers an array of businesses from yoga to nutritional management to personal trainers.
CBI Health Group
- The centres treat back and neck pain, sports, work and car accident injuries, and offer community education from locations across Canada. Describes services, locations and contact details.
The College of Family Physicians of Canada
- Offers information about the society, awards, CMEs, research, programs, committees and access to the "Canadian Library of Family Medicine".
Find Private Clinics
- A human-edited resource for locating private clinics in Canada by province and clinical category.
- An education program that helps shoppers make wise food choices when they shop. Features information on participation, media, symbols, participating brands and recent news.
- A not for profit organization providing information on health and fitness including sexual health for men and women, plus advice for children's health. Offers an overview, monthly e-mail newsletter and contact address.
- Provides health resources for both the public and healthcare professional.
- Health forum and discussion groups for Canadians wanting to ask health related questions, share expertise and experiences.
- A national charitable organization that provides free air transportation for financially burdened Canadians in need of Medical treatment outside their communities.
In-Touch Consulting Services
- Offers details on consulting focused on retirement planning, informed life choices and independent decision-making.
Kinesio Taping Canada
- Information about therapeutic sports taping products, the Kinesio Taping method, and a directory of certified Kinesio Tape practitioners.
- One of Canada's largest health benefit management companies. Drug, dental, vision, travel, and medical insurance coverage for individuals and group plans. Part of the Liberty Mutual family.
- Provides laboratory services for patients and clinicians in the community and in hospitals in several cities.
Lifeline Systems Canada
- Connects individuals living alone to neighbours, friends, and emergency services through trained staff by simply pressing a button.
Lifemark Physiotherapy Clinics
- Chain of affiliated physiotherapy clinics, with locations in several provinces. Includes a directory of clinics, detailed list of services, and general information about anatomy.
MCI Medical Clinics Inc.
- Information on this supplier of medical, occupational health and, corporate health and well-being services in Alberta and Ontario.
- Offers Canadian medical case reviews and Continuing Medical Education (CME) for registered users. Free access to case studies written by leading Canadian experts, upcoming CME events, conference highlights, and detailed product information.
- Information on diseases and conditions, support groups and drug information. Primarily patient-oriented and Canadian-focussed.
Medisys Health Group
- Provides executive health, medical imaging, travel health, disability management and insurance medical services to individuals and corporations across Canada.
Offord Centre for Child Studies
- Research center dedicated to improving the life quality and opportunities of the Canadian children who suffer from serious social and emotional problems.
Order of Saint Lazarus
- An index of services for the terminally ill; pain management, home care, hospice, respite, pastoral support and support groups.
- Provides information and resources on the profession of occupational therapy in Canada.
- A guide to healthy active living, provides tools to assist physicians and healthcare providers in counseling their patients on physical activity and nutrition.
Private Clinics Report: Eroding Public Medicare – Costs and Consequences
- Groundbreaking report from the Ontario Health Coalition on the growth and practices of for-profit surgical, MRI and boutique physician clinics across Canada. Where are they? How are they making their profits? How are they promoting two-tier medicare? Where do they get their staff from? What does this mean for public health care in Canada. (October 6, 2008) [PDF]
Public Health Agency of Canada
- The main federal agency responsible for public health with a goal to promote health and prevent and control disease. Includes video and articles.
Rescue 7 Inc.
- Offers on-site training in first aid, CPR, WHMIS, and hazardous material handling. Offices in Ontario and Quebec.
St. John Ambulance
- Enables Canadians to improve their health, safety and quality of life by providing training and community service, and provides information about its first aid and CPR training services and community service volunteers.
- Fertility consultants providing a variety of services for intended parents and donors, including traditional and gestational surrogates, adoption, egg and sperm donation.
Travel Medicine Program
- A Health Canada site providing information for travellers and health professionals including international health advisories, clinics and general travel health advice.
- Offers 3D and 4D ultrasound imaging of babies moving, smiling and yawning before they are born. Several locations throughout Canada.
Ultimate Canadian International Medical Graduate
- Provides information and links useful to international medical graduates or foreign medical graduates wishing to practice medicine in Canada.
Weight Watchers Canada
- Features personalized, interactive tools including online journals, weight tracker and progress charts, meal plans and searchable recipes.
Usenet can.med.misc -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 25, 2014 at 12:11:14 UTC -