become an editor
the entire directory
only in Departments_and_Agencies/Canadian_Heritage
Departments and Agencies
Open Directory - Regional: North America: Canada: Government: Departments and Agencies: Canadian Heritage
This category in other languages:
- Advances Canadian culture, celebrates heritage and embraces Canadian identity.
Canada Council for the Arts
- Independent, arm's length organization created by the Parliament of Canada in 1957 to foster and promote the arts. Provides a wide range of grants and services to professional Canadian artists.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
- Public broadcasting service, providing radio and television programming nation-wide in both official languages.
Canadian Museum of Nature
- Features information about exhibitions, programmes, activities, research and collections.
Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC)
- Independent agency responsible for regulating Canada's broadcasting and telecommunications systems.
Library and Archives Canada
- Federal cultural agency responsible for collecting and preserving Canada's published heritage so that it's available for present and future generations of Canadians.
National Arts Centre
- Develops the performing arts in the National Capital Region and assists the Canada Council in the development of the performing arts elsewhere in Canada.
National Battlefield Commission
- Conserves, administers and develops the National Battlefields Park in Quebec City, better known as the Plains of Abraham.
National Capital Commission
- Crown corporation which plans and assists in the development, conservation and improvement of the National Capital Region, and organizes sponsorship and promotion of public activities and events that enrich Canada.
National Film Board of Canada
- Public agency that produces and distributes films and other audiovisual works to Canadians and the rest of the world. Includes information about films in progress, new releases and classics, as well as a special page for kids.
National Gallery of Canada
- Exhibitions, collections and a wide range of resources, including a virtual tour of the Canadian Collection.
- Information about Canada's national historic sites, parks and other heritage related information.
- Federal cultural agency devoted to the development and promotion of audiovisual documents produced by the Canadian private sector.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 14, 2014 at 17:09:10 UTC -