become an editor
the entire directory
only in Education/Organizations
Reference: Education: Organizations
This category in other languages:
Association for Canadian Studies
- National organization exclusively dedicated to the promotion of research, teaching and publications on Canada. Bilingual with French and English versions.
Association of Canadian Community Colleges
- Represents colleges and institutes to government, business and industry, in Canada and internationally. Lists its members, programs and services, events, resources, job opportunities, and press releases. [English/French]
Canadian Alliance of Home Schoolers
- Information and resources for homeschooling and child-centred, home-based, learning.
Canadian Applied and Industrial Mathematics Society (CAIMS)
- Supports the development and maintenance of applied and industrial mathematics in Canada. Provides news, membership information and awards. [English/French].
Canadian Association for Graduate Studies - Association canadienne pour les études supérieures
- Brings together Canadian institutions and organizations having an interest in postgraduate education. These include universities which have active graduate degree programs, national graduate student organizations, and certain other organizations such as granting councils.
The Canadian Association of Principals
- Presents the views and opinions of principals and vice-principals regarding a variety of issues.
Canadian Association of University Teachers
- Founded in 1951, CAUT is the national voice for academic staff. Represents 30,000 teachers, librarians, researchers and other academic professionals.
Canadian Council for the Advancement of Education
- Dedicated to increasing public awareness of the issues that face Canada's post-secondary institutions.
Canadian Council of Montessori Administrators
- Supports Montessori school administrators, recognizing AMI/MACTE standards and offering expertise in school administration and the Montessori Method of education.
Canadian Dyslexia Association
- Information and resources for teachers, schools and parents whose child is dyslexic.
Canadian Education Association
- Dedicated to the improvement of education in Canada. Provides information about its programs, news, research and policy, and publications.
Canadian Federation of Students
- Formed in 1981 to provide post-secondary students with a united voice. Comprised of over 400,000 students from more than 60 students' unions across Canada.
The Canadian Hyperlexia Association
- Information on a syndrome which interferes with language and social interaction, coupled with a precocious ability to read.
The Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials (CICIC)
- Collects, organizes, and distributes information, and acts as a national clearing house and referral service to support the recognition and portability of Canadian and international educational and occupational qualifications.
Canadian Linguistics Association (CLA)
- Founded in 1955, CLA aims to promote the study of languages and linguistics in Canada. Also publishes a scholarly journal and organizes an annual conference.
Canadian Literacy and Learning Network
- A national non-profit organization representing literacy coalitions, organizations and individuals. Contains annual reports, membership information and media announcements.
Canadian Mathematical Society
- Works to advance and promote mathematics studies across the country. Includes publications, meetings, student contests, and teaching career listings. [English/French]
Canadian Philosophy of Education Society
- An educational organization devoted to philosophical inquiry into educational issues and their relevance for developing educative, caring, and just teachers, schools, and communities. Includes a newsletter and information on membership, conferences, and awards.
Canadian Society for History and Philosophy of Mathematics (CSHPM)
- Brings together researchers across Canada and the world working on history and philosophy of mathematical sciences. Provides membership information, an online bulletin and proceedings of its yearly conference.
Canadian Society for the History and Philosophy of Science (CSHPS)
- Dedicated to bringing together historians, philosophers, sociologists, and a wide range of interdisciplinary scholars interested in exploring all aspects of science. Provides news, membership information, a newsletter, and information regarding its yearly conferences.
Canadian Society for the Study of Education
- Largest organization of professors, students, researchers and practitioners in education in Canada.
Canadian Society for Training and Development (CSTD)
- Canada's professional association focused on training, learning and performance in the workplace. Aims to be a strategic world leader driving excellence in workplace learning and impacting business success.
Canadian Undergraduate Technology Conference
- Brings together undergraduate students from across Canada to interact with world-class technology leaders in industry and academia.
Coaching Association of Canada
- Not-for-profit organization with the mission to establish education, training and ethical standards for coaches in Canada.
Community Learning Network
- A site designed to help K-12 teachers integrate technology into the classroom. Provides over 5,800 annotated links to educational sites with free resources, all organized by theme pages and keyword search.
Council of Ministers of Education in Canada
- National voice for education in Canada. Mechanism through which ministers consult and act on matters of mutual interest, and the instrument through which they consult and cooperate with national education organizations and the federal government.
Curriculum Services Canada
- Non-profit charitable organization providing learning resources for teaching professionals. Includes book reviews and reading lists. Available in English and French.
CWA/SCA Canada Online Outreach Project
- Provides information on employment rights in Canada. Aims to ensure that workers are being justly treated at work.
First Nations Education Council
- Association of 21 Aboriginal communities that have united their efforts in the field of education. Purpose is to unify the strengths of its members in order to create a common front.
High School Scholarships
- Provides a comprehensive list of scholarships for high school students. Financial aid resources are listed both based on grade level such as freshman, sophomore, junior and senior, and on school type such as public or private.
Home School Legal Defence Association of Canada
- A group of parents across Canada, supported by a legal team and home school friendly staff who work together to ensure rights to direct the education of one's own children.
- Charitable organization that is dedicated to raising funds to deliver programs that provide tools for indigenous peoples.
- Represents accredited language education programs in English and French. Includes mission, board of directors, bylaws and membership policies, news and fact sheets.
- National federation of English as a Second Language teachers, learners and learner advocates.
- A membership organization representing Canadian public and private not-for-profit universities and university-degree level colleges.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 13, 2016 at 8:41:44 UTC -