become an editor
the entire directory
only in Business_and_Economy/Organizations
Business and Economy
Newfoundland and Labrador
Regional: North America: Business and Economy: Organizations
This category in other languages:
The Financial Markets Association of Canada
- An association of industry professionals dealing in foreign exchange, money markets, derivatives, and capital markets.
- A resource centre to promote Aboriginal-Canadian businesses and organizations.
Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada
- Canada's think-tank on Asia brings together people and knowledge to provide current information, research and analysis on Asia and Canada's transpacific relations.
Association of Canadian Ergonomists
- Information about the Association of Canadian Ergonomists (ACE).
Association of Independent Consultants
- Help people to find specialists, experts, outsourced contractors in many fields.
Auditing Association of Canada
- AAC is dedicated to advancing environmental, health and safety auditing in Canada. Promotes auditor certification and the application of environmental and health and safety auditing ethics, principles and standards.
- A Canadian association of paper, plastic and sanitation distributors. Describes association and its aims, products, services, membership information, related links and contact information.
Bowling Proprietors Association of Canada
- Features news, tournaments and results, programs for all ages, lists of bowling centres, and links to TSN and CBC programs are available from the hosts of the sport of bowling.
Business Partnerships Canada
- A networking organization and information site for Canadian small business owners.
C.P.C.A. - Canadian Petroleum Contractors Association
- Canadian petroleum contractors involved with the installation and maintenance, of storage tank and petroleum delivery systems. Includes an events calendar, discussion boards, training and certification information, and related links.
Canada Chapter of the American Medical Writers Association
- Serves medical writers and biomedical communicators of Canada. Includes calendar of events, conferences and seminars, links and resources.
Canada Consulting Engineers
- Promotes and safeguards the business and professional interests of the Canadian consulting engineering industry in Canada and abroad. Member companies offer engineering services world wide.
Canadian Apparel Federation
- The information gateway designers, contractors and manufacturers and retailers wanting to source Canadian-made fashions.
Canadian Association for Laboratory Accreditation
- A non-profit organization monitoring standards in environmental testing laboratories. Features information about its programs, services and international activities.
Canadian Association of Management Consultants
- Professional association of management consultants. Administers the Code of Professional Conduct and program leading to the internationally recognized Certified Management Consultant (CMC) designation.
Canadian Association Of Petroleum Producers
- The voice of the petroleum industry. Member companies explore for, develop and produce more than 95 per cent of Canada's natural gas and crude oil.
Canadian Association of Professional Land Administration
- Non-profit organization bringing together the different land personnel within the oil and gas industry.
Canadian Association of Professional Speakers
- Organization for experts who speak professionally, CAPS provides resources and education to advance the skills, integrity and value of its members. Provides a directory of its chapters and lists of speaking opportunities.
Canadian Automatic Sprinkler Association
- Promotes the business of installing and manufacturing fire sprinkler devices and systems.
Canadian Bankers Association - Association des banquiers canadiens
- Information about the association, and also some financial advice for young people and small businesses.
Canadian Bookkeepers Association
- A non-profit organization for the advancement of bookkeeping professionals. Includes information on the organization, membership instructions, financial articles, and a search feature.
Canadian Business for Social Responsibility
- Non-profit membership organization committed to developing, sharing and implementing economic and environmental corporate social responsibility. Includes membership details, event calendar, resources for companies, and definition of corporate social responsibility.
The Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- Business association specializing in public policy advocacy on business issues. Describes the organization and its aims with information about policies, memberships and current issues.
Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business
- Canada's leading organization dedicated to promoting the full participation of Aboriginal communities in the Canadian economy.
The Canadian Council for Public-Private Partnerships
- Supports the overlap between government and business and provides speakers, conducts research and holds an annual conference. Membership details, speeches, list of members, and information about events are presented.
Canadian Council of Chief Executives (CCCE)
- A not-for-profit, non-partisan organization composed of the CEOs of Canada's leading businesses. Features economic news, membership information, and media releases.
Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB)
- An organization giving small firms a voice in the public arena through high-profile actions with governments on policies such as taxation, labour laws and public sector spending.
Canadian Franchise Association
- The CFA represents over 350 franchise companies and the professionals who support this way of doing business and promotes a strong code of ethics as well as the mandatory use of the CFA disclosure document guide.
Canadian Hardware & Housewares Manufacturers Association
- Fosters positive business and social interaction, facilitates the exchange of market information and represents the interests of its members to their customer base and to government. Includes organisation profile and member directory.
Canadian Health Food Association
- Non-profit federally chartered trade association. Includes history, membership details, designation definitions, member directory, event calendar, and regulatory information.
Canadian Institute of Forestry
- A national voice for forestry professionals. Representing members with an interest in the well being of the forest. Local and national meetings, and The Forestry Chronicle, a bimonthly journal. Members advocate responsible forestry practices.
The Canadian Institute of Plumbing & Heating
- An association of manufacturers and wholesaler distributors of plumbing and hydronic heating products. Offers news, conferences, membership, trade shows, codes, standards, education and training.
Canadian Insurance Accountants Association
- Promotes the study, research and development of financial management and insurance accounting. Offers association information, a mission statement, organizational structure, membership requirements and contacts.
Canadian Jewellers Association
- Organization for ethical businesses involved in the sale and service of jewellery, watches and related products. Includes a list of members and consumer information.
Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters
- Promotes the interests of manufacturing and exporting firms. Formerly the Canadian Manufacturers Association and Canadian Exporters Association. Lists news, policies, members and events calendar.
Canadian Marketing Association
- The voice for responsible information-based marketers, describes the association, its aims, member companies, news releases and a code of ethics, among other resources.
Canadian Mineral Analysts
- Mining professionals engaged in analytical procedures and methods development. Includes association profile, contacts and membership details, conference calendar and related links.
Canadian Nuclear Association
- Founded in 1960, to "promote the orderly and sound development of nuclear energy in Canada and abroad for the purposes other than those related to armament". Site contains information about nuclear power and climate change, as well as links to members and publications.
The Canadian Payroll Association
- National association of professionals engaged in payroll processing and management. Features membership information and resources.
Canadian Personal Chef Alliance
- Professional support group for personal chefs. Includes mission statement, chef resources, news items, and membership directory.
Canadian Personal Chef Association
- Provides information, professional standards, training, support and networking for personal chefs across Canada.
Canadian Plywood Association
- Represents manufacturers of plywood, veneer and composite products in Canada. Member mills, news, literature, services, and contact details.
Canadian Postmasters and Assistants Association
- Represents all Canada Post employees who work in rural post offices. News, collective agreement, and information about union representatives. (Bilingual)
Canadian Produce Marketing Association CPMA/ACDFL
- Profile, contacts, resources, services and other information describing the association whose members market fresh fruits and vegetables, or involved in distributing domestically grown and imported produce.
Canadian Professional Sales Association
- CPSA offers a network to learn, share and contribute to the understanding of best practices and emerging trends in marketing and sales.
Canadian Society of Landscape Architects (CSLA)
- Dedicated to advancing the art, the science and the business of landscape architecture. Includes profile, membership categories, events, and directory of members.
Canadian Standards Association, CSA
- Deals with standards development and their application through product certification, management systems registration, and information products.
Canadian Swedish Business Association
- A non-profit organization designed to promote business between the two countries. Offers list of events, information about internships, directory of members, newsletter, links and contact details.
Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association
- Advocacy on behalf of the wireless communications industry in Canada. Offers industry guide, advocacy, media, events, health and safety, publications, careers and consumer information.
Canadian Wood Pallets and Containers Association
- Dedicated to promoting the welfare of the national wooden pallet and container manufacturing industry. Provides classifieds, links and news.
Canadian Youth Business Foundation
- Addresses youth unemployment and under-employment by providing programs that support young people who are creating their own employment through entrepreneurship. Includes learning resources and an online mentoring program.
Cement Association of Canada
- Includes background information, facts about cement and concrete, directory of members and partners, support, resources, and contact details. [information in English and French]
Co-operative Housing Federation of Canada
- An organization devoted to providing co-operative housing information specifically to Canadians.
The Conference Board of Canada
- Nonprofit, independent applied research organization helping its members anticipate and respond to the changing global economy. Includes list of knowledge areas, membership details, and information about products and services.
Credit Institute of Canada
- Provides education and training to individuals in the field of Credit and Financial Management and acts as a professional association on behalf of their members.
Dancewear Association of Canada
- Links and contacts for (member) dancewear retailers and manufacturers in Canada. Allows search for a store with the map and also permits online membership in the Association.
Electro-Federation Canada (EFC)
- Industry association represents member companies that manufacture, distribute and service electrical, electronics, and telecommunications products. [English/French]
The Fur Council of Canada
- A national, non-profit federation representing people working in every sector of the national fur trade. Provides profile, events and links. [English and French]
- A not-for-profit, industry-led association that develops, promotes and maintains global standards for the identification of goods, services, locations and related e-commerce communication.
Indigenous Bar Association
- Organization of Native lawyers in Canada.
Information Technology Association of Canada (ITAC)
- Information and resources for the Canadian information technology industry of over 1,300 firms operating in all sectors of computing and telecommunications industries.
Institute of Communication Agencies
- Includes list of members, membership information, an agency search, career and educational material, and links.
Investment Funds Institute of Canada
- National trade association for the mutual fund industry. Key part of mandate is to educate investors and potential investors about mutual funds and mutual fund investing.
National Lumber Grades Authority (NLGA)
- Organization responsible for writing, interpreting, and maintaining Canadian lumber grading rules and standards. Lists membership, related organizations, publications and contact details.
Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada
- NSERC supports both basic university research through research grants and project research through partnerships of universities with industry, as well as the advanced training of highly qualified people in both areas.
Ontario Association of Trading Houses
- OATH represents the trading houses of Ontario.
Pension Investment Association of Canada (PIAC)
- Promotes financial security of pension fund beneficiaries. Information includes a constitution statement, memberships and member organizations, standards, financial information and recent submissions to governments.
Pipe Line Contractors Association of Canada
- Members are contractors that build pipelines. Association performs member services, safety training, and lobbying services.
Pool and Hot Tub Council of Canada
- An association of builders, retailers, manufacturers, and service companies. Includes history, institute staff and board members, consumer information about pools and hot tubs, and membership directory.
- Promotional Products Association of Canada. Offers membership to suppliers and distributors.
Professional Organizers of Canada
- Offers a supportive environment and network for professional organizers to help share ideas, encourage referrals, and increase public awareness of the field in Canada.
Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada
- Serves the mineral exploration and development industry. Includes history of the organization, board of directors, strategic plan, membership, publications, programs, and convention news.
Retail Council of Canada
- Serves, promotes, and represents the diverse needs of Canada's retailers and retailing sector. Information about services, education opportunities, activities, membership and member benefits.
Society of Management Accountants of Canada
- Includes information about management accounting practices including tables of contents and selected articles from the CMA Magazine (in English and French).
- Organization which facilitates networking of people in the technology community. Includes event calendar, list of members, business directory, and founder profiles.
Underwriters Laboratories of Canada
- An independent, not-for-profit product safety testing and certification organisation. Information on locations, job opportunities and contact details.
Wood Energy Technical Training
- Canadian site listing of current wood energy certified installers and agencies associated with solid fuel appliances.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 6, 2015 at 14:05:03 UTC -