become an editor
the entire directory
only in British_Columbia/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
By Regional District
Clubs and Lodges
Conservation and Endangered Species
Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
Linux User Groups
Retirement Housing and Communities
Regional: North America: Canada: Regions: Western: Society and Culture
Regional: North America: Canada: Society and Culture
#BC_Chat - British Columbia IRC Chat/Directory
- Chat On IRC's Dalnet In Style, On #BC_Chat. Provides localized information on all major cities in British Columbia, including links to newspapers, schools.
BC Centre for Elder Advocacy and Support
- Province-wide forum for individuals, seniors, community agencies and organizations, government and policy makers. Includes articles, FAQs and resources.
BC Federation of Foster Parent Association
- Represents foster parents who provide quality in-home foster care. Includes an online newsletter, the constitution and bylaws, membership benefits and an application.
BC Professional Fire Fighters' Burn Fund
- A registered non-profit charity dedicated to burn prevention, as well as burn survivor support and recovery programs in the province of British Columbia.
BCAB - British Columbia Crime Stoppers Advisory Board
- The umbrella organization for individual community-based Crime Stoppers programs in the province. Contains history and links.
Big Foot Sightings
- Accounts of encounters with the legendary creature in British Columbia.
Co-operative Housing Federation of British Columbia
- Co-operative association whose members are housing co-ops and associated organizations in mainland British Columbia. FAQs, member services, event calendar, and news items.
Computers for Schools - British Columbia
- Free computers for schools through community partnerships with BCTel. Includes information about donations and volunteering, along with an application form.
Emblems of British Columbia
- The "icons" of B.C. including the flag, flower, tree, and tartan.
The Federation of Community Social Services of BC
- Province-wide network of community agencies providing services to children, youth and families. Offers profile, membership information, current initiatives, events and resources.
Immigrant Services Society of British Columbia
- A non-profit organization that serves the settlement, training and integration needs of newcomers from all over the world. Offers courses to non-immigrant aliens as well.
Multicultural Helping House Society
- A non-profit organization dedicated to helping newcomers, individuals and families to integrate into the community. Offers details of services and programs and events. Located in Vancouver and Richmond.
- Provides access to legal publications and resources in nine different languages: Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Korean, Persian, Punjabi, Spanish and Vietnamese.
Pro Bono Lawyer Consultant Program
- Salvation Army program provides access to legal services for the province's poor. Includes history, description of services, criteria for clients and clinic locations.
SENSE - Safety by Education Not Speed Enforcement
- BC Pro-Safety organization provides information from around the world about photo radar, traffic safety and speed management.
- Promotes consumption of produce grown within local areas of the province, as well as patronage of local services. Includes a directory that is searchable by location or category.
West Coast Environmental Law
- Providing free legal advice, advocacy, research and law reform services in the area of environmental law for British Columbia.
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 17, 2014 at 0:50:44 UTC -