the entire directory
only in Vancouver/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: Canada: British Columbia: Localities: V: Vancouver: Society and Culture
Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
Regional: North America: Canada: British Columbia: Regional Districts: Greater Vancouver: Society and Culture
Regional: North America: Canada: British Columbia: Regions: Southwest: Society and Culture
Regional: North America: Canada: British Columbia: Society and Culture
This category in other languages:
411 Seniors Centre
- Multi-purpose social and recreational downtown drop in facility for seniors. Volunteer opportunities, history of the organization, membership information, and news.
Australian Wine Appreciation Society
- Information on tastings, dinners and other events in the area featuring Australian and New Zealand wines. Membership application form.
Better Environmentally Sound Transportation (BEST)
- Organization focused on alternative transportation issues and related educational and community projects. Event and project information, description of programs and services, and current news included.
British Ex-Servicemen's Association
- Non-profit social organization. Contains its history, photographs, coming events, information about sports activities, and members' business directory.
- Matchmaking and professional dating service. Includes owner's profile and description of services.
- Relocation services for seniors moving to long term care or assisted living and estate administration. Offers profile, details of services and links to resources for seniors.
Executive Search Dating
- Matchmaker service offers company profile, FAQ, articles on dating, testimonials and links to news coverage.
Face The World Foundation
- Privately run non-profit charity raising money for Vancouver area organizations.
- An organization interested in agriculture issues including food security, nutrition, food supply, health, and community development.
The Greater Vancouver Food Bank Society
- Calendar of events, information about programs and how to help.
Heritage Vancouver Society
- Encourages the study and preservation of local and regional architecture and artifacts.
Marpole-Oakridge Family Place
- A non-profit organization which provides family drop-ins where parents, caregivers, and children can meet and socialize. Offers membership information, program listings, and calendar.
Metro Vancouver Crime Stoppers
- Contains organization history, most wanted list and unsolved cases.
- An archival audio project that has collected stories set in specific locations throughout Vancouver's Chinatown.
Prostitution Alternatives Counselling Education (PACE)
- Offers individual counseling, referrals, and advocacy. Plus assistance with education, employment and skills training programs.
- News aggregator and discussion forum.
Roundhouse Community Centre
- Yaletown facility near the Marinaside Crescent district. Class descriptions, volunteer opportunities, events calendar and community news.
Seymour Speakers Toastmasters Club
- Non-profit organization which gives its members the opportunity to develop their public speaking abilities. Includes calendar, FAQ, and membership information.
Sogetsu Vancouver Branch
- Organization of Ikebana enthusiasts conducting meetings, programs, demonstrations and workshops. Includes history, an events schedule and a gallery of floral designs.
Strathcona Residents' Association
- Lobbies for the local community's interests in areas such as zoning and traffic laws. Offers an events guide, community resources, a newsletter, and a history of the neighbourhood.
Terminal City Club, Tower Hotel
- Private business club provides a sanctuary and place of retreat and relaxation.
Vancouver for New Immigrants
- Immigrant to Canada from the U.S. provides information including how to bring your car across the border, necessary documentation, what to do when and finding a place to stay.
- The largest community foundation in Canada offers an overview of the organization's history and goals, funding guidelines, current grants and projects, application process and deadlines.
Vancouver Historical Society
- Encourages historical research and publication and promotes the designation and preservation of the area's sites. Includes events and programs, newsletters, and archives.
Vancouver Peak Oil
- Works to build awareness of the threat of a permanent oil shortage and advocates mitigation efforts. Includes articles, activism efforts, and upcoming events.
Vegan in Vancouver
- A guide to vegan-friendly restaurants, shops, health resources and places to see for both locals and visitors.
- Schedules social, sports and cultural activities for local singles. Provides membership information and list of featured and ongoing events.
West End Community Centre
- Provides three buildings. Includes details of facilities, services, programs and events.
West Side Family Place
- A family resource program that allows families to meet, make new friends, gain a sense of community and receive ongoing support and assistance in efforts to raise healthy, happy children.
Society and Culture
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 31, 2014 at 20:52:41 UTC -