become an editor
the entire directory
only in British_Columbia/Health
Open Directory - Regional: North America: Canada: British Columbia: Health
By Regional District
Beauty and Cosmetic Services
Conditions and Diseases
Yoga Teachers and Centres
Regional: North America: Canada: Health
BC Association of Social Workers
- A voluntary, not-for-profit membership association that supports and promotes the profession of social work and advocates for social justice.
BC Coalition for Health Promotion
- Resource for advancing health promotion, with focus on sustainable funding, community empowerment and self-determination. Includes funding framework for communities and updates on health promotion advancement in the province.
BC Medical Marijuana
- Information for individuals who may qualify to use marijuana to treat medical conditions.
BC Pets and Friends
- Nonprofit matches pet and owner teams with patients and residents of medical facilities. Includes program details, news, event calendar, sponsors and volunteer information.
British Columbia Perinatal Health Program
- Facilitates and supports the development of the regionalization of perinatal care within the province. Resource for perinatal health care providers in hospitals, provincial health units and professional associations.
British Columbia Transplant Society
- Information on a number of issues affecting BC organ donation, including numbers of organ donations currently needed, donor programs and how to register to become a donor on-line or through the mail.
Centre for Ability
- Provides therapy services and support programs for children with disabilities ages 0-5 years, vocational rehabilitation and transition services for adults with disabilities, and community living services for adults with multiple disabilities.
- Free telephone nutrition information service staffed by registered dietitians and nutritionists.
Emergency Preparedness Conference
- Annual conference showcasing resources for emergency preparedness. Includes location and registration information.
HEAL - Healthy Eating and Active Living
- A network of individuals and organizations working for the prevention of type 2 diabetes and other chronic diseases. Includes details of their programs and initiatives.
- Provincial government site promotes effective information management in the health sector and sharing of information on a secure, authorized and auditable basis among health service providers, managers, governors, researchers and consumers.
HOC Hyperbaric Health System
- Clinics offering hyperbaric oxygen therapy and treatment for acute and chronic wounds.
Interior Health Authority
- Responsible for health services to residents in the interior region of the province. Provides health care FAQs, news releases, service details, and career opportunities.
The McCreary Centre Society
- Nonprofit committed to improving health of BC youth through information, research and community-based participation projects.
- Provides a guide to medical and dental professionals, as well as links to hospitals.
- Credentialing software designed for the community of medical staff professionals. Includes module descriptions and news.
Ministry of Health Services
- Provides information about health issues and provincial health care system, such as primary health care, Medical Services Plan and Pharmacare.
Pacific Blue Cross
- Provider of extended health and dental benefits. Describes products, services, membership, benefits, brokers and consultants.
Peoples Drug Mart
- Chain of drug stores across the province. Includes PeopleFirst magazine, store locations, "Ask your Pharmacist", current flyer and corporate information.
Provincial Health Services Authority
- One of six health authorities, responsible for management of several health services and units. Includes overview of agencies and services.
- Promotes best practices in sport health, safety and training. Offers programs and services for athletes, parents and health practitioners.
- Injury and illness prevention resources, and workplace health and safety information.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 26, 2014 at 4:58:33 UTC -