become an editor
the entire directory
only in Government/Law
Regional: North America: Canada: Government: Law
- A revision and consolidation of the public general acts and other selected acts of the Legislature of British Columbia published under authority of the Statute Revision Act.
BC Crown Counsel Association
- Represents Crown counsel in matters regarding pay, benefits, and employment conditions. Members only section, arbitration results, and links to other Crown counsel provided.
BC Human Rights Tribunal
- Indepent, quasi-judicial body responsible for adjudicating human rights complaints. Offers relevant sections of the legal code, list of programs and resources for parties involved in disputes.
BC Justice Review Task Force
- Established on the initiative of the Law Society of BC, in March 2002. Provides a forum for its participants to exchange information, engage in mutual consultation respecting proposed administrative, procedural or program changes, and coordinate initiatives where appropriate. Includes contact information.
British Columbia Legislation
- Online access to Bills, the Revised Statutes of British Columbia, 1996, B.C. Regulations and Orders-in-Council.
Canadian Bar Association - British Columbia
- Professional association for lawyers incorporated under a Special Act of Parliament. Resources for lawyers and the public including a lawyer referral service, publications, and media information, and a description of the association's goals.
- Operated by Courthouse Libraries of BC and funded by the Law Foundation of BC. Provides free access to legal information, education and help including statutes, case law, and numerous categorized articles.
The Courts of British Columbia
- Contains details about the Court of Appeal, the Supreme Court and the Provincial Court.
- Government created legal resource. Over 300 pages of plain-language information on criminal law, family law and justice reform.
Legal Services Society - British Columbia
- A non-government, non-profit organization that provides: legal services to people who can't afford a lawyer; and legal education and information to the people of British Columbia.
The Organized Crime Agency of BC
- A policing and law enforcement unit with a mandate to facilitate the disruption and suppression of organized crime. Contains history and contact information.
People's Law School
- An independent, non-profit, non-partisan Society whose purpose is to provide British Columbians - especially those with special needs - with impartial and reliable information about the laws affecting their lives.
- Subscription based service offering an unofficial early consolidation of current British Columbia legislation. Includes package plan details, training sessions, subscriptions, and customer service.
Vancouver's Downtown Community Court
- An alternative legal system that brings together justice, health and social services under one roof. Offers history, description of how the court works, list of hearings and FAQ.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 22, 2014 at 6:10:35 UTC -