become an editor
the entire directory
only in British_Columbia/Government
Open Directory - Regional: North America: Canada: British Columbia: Government
By Regional District
Regional: North America: Canada: Government
Government of British Columbia
- Official portal to provincial public services in British Columbia. News, links directory, budget, and community resources provided.
Accommodation and Real Estate Services
- Provides accommodation and real estate services to the British Columbia government and public sector.
Address Change Service
- One form register's change of address for BC Driver's Licens, Medical Plan Coverage and Voter Registration.
BC Geographical Names
- Government site lists geographical naming principles and policy, how to propose a geographical name, access to the BC Geographical Names Information System (BCGNIS), links to BC-history/related sites, and to toponymy sites.
BC Government Publications Index
- Provides access to government publications, participating school districts and Alberta trades learning modules. Includes a monthly newsletter and order information.
BC Pension Corporation
- Public sector pension plans administered by the BC Pension Corporation. Includes college, municipal, public service, teacher, and retired plan services.
BC Statistics - Ministry of Management Services
- Provides current and historical tables and maps of demographic, social, and economic characteristics of the people of the province of British Columbia.
British Columbia Emergency Social Services
- Provides short-term assistance to British Columbians who are forced to leave their homes because of fire, flood, earthquake or other emergencies. Brochures, publications, and local contacts presented.
British Columbia Vital Statistics Agency
- Provides vital statistics-related products and services. Includes description of services and a large number of reports and documents on subjects such as names, births, adoption, marriages, and health status.
Coast Sustainability Trust
- Established in 2002 by the province, to mitigate any adverse impacts arising from LRMP land use planning decisions in the Central Coast, North Coast, and Queen Charlotte Islands. Includes guidelines and quarterly reports.
Homeowner Protection Office
- Responsible for providing no-interest loans to owners of "leaky condos"; licensing and registering of residential builders in BC; administering the mandatory home warranty insurance regulations and researching building envelope technology.
Integrated Land Management Bureau
- Responsible for developing new plans for the management of Crown land and natural resources as well as maintenance of BC's existing land use planning legacy. Includes planning policies and guides, a geographical name search, and a base map online store.
Office of the Ombudsperson
- Receives inquiries and complaints about the practices and services provided by public agencies. Includes information about jurisdiction, FAQs, complaint forms, publications and reports. Located in Victoria. [English and French]
Oultwood British Columbia Government Index
- Links to provincial, regional and local government in BC.
Partnerships British Columbia
- Government owned company responsible for bringing together ministries, agencies and the private sector to develop projects through public-private partnerships. Includes current projects, business opportunities, publications, news, and link directory.
Provincial Emergency Program Home Page
- British Columbia's emergency management agency, a part of the Ministry of Attorney General. Emergency contact info, earthquake and flood preparedness. Updates on any current emergencies.
Real Property Taxation Branch
- Administers rural property taxation in British Columbia. Site provides information about how property taxes affect you or your business.
Residential Tenancy Office
- Administers the Residential Tenancy Act throughout the province of British Columbia. Provides information to landlords and tenants about their rights, responsibilities and options under the Act and designates arbitrators to resolve disputes between landlords and tenants.
Workers' Compensation Board of BC
- Promotes workplace health and safety. Includes health library, worker centre, employer centre, and provider centre.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 5:49:25 PM EDT -