become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Organizations
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: Middle East: Israel: Society and Culture: Organizations
The Abba Eban Centre for Israeli Diplomacy
- The institute is dedicated to the history of Israeli diplomacy. It maintains archival materials documenting the life and work of the former ambassador, member of Knesset, and Foreign Minister. Provides contact information and details on scholarships.
All Nations Cafe
- Group of Israelis and Palestinians focused on bridging the walls between the two nations. Information on the team, projects, and events.
- The Israeli Information Center for Human Rights in The Occupied Territories.
- Nonprofit organization sponsoring birthday parties for underprivileged children. Includes information about donations and volunteerism, party kit, links to mentoring organizations, and contacts.
The Center for Jewish-Arab Economic Development (CJAED)
- Promoting business cooperation between the two societies. With organization profile, publications, surveys, events, and contact information.
The Central Library for the Blind
- Serves the visually impaired and handicapped and produces and lends out books and periodicals in Braille, on cassette and in large print. [English/Hebrew]
Friends of Israel Scouts website
- Israeli youth program dedicated to strengthening relationships between Israel and North American Jewry. With program information, news, and links.
The Friends of the Israel Defense Forces (FIDF)
- Helps support social, education and recreational programs and facilities for the young men and women soldiers of Israel who defend the Jewish homeland.
The Galilean Center for Community Culture
- Project partnering people from Kibbutz Harduf, the Beduoin village Sawa'ed ElChomeira and the Arab city Shfar'am. Includes information about the center and its activities, news and contact details.
Grand Lodge of the State of Israel
- Ancient Free and Accepted Masons. Includes lodges, appendant bodies, news, and contact details.
Hands Of Mercy
- Non-profit organization reaching out with compassion to individuals and families injured by terrorism, violence, and war.
- an association that provides assistance to people who have decided to leave the Jewish orthodox way of life.
Israel Association for Ethiopian Jews
- Advocacy and service organization representing Israel's Ethiopian immigrant community. Site offers community news, cultural information, and assistance for Ethiopian Jews integrating into Israeli society.
Israel Guide Dog Center
- Training and providing guide dogs for the blind. Features organizational information, news, testimonials, and related links.
The Israel Project
- Non-profit organization providing resources for international journalists while promoting security, freedom and peace.
Israeli Business Forum of New York
- Organization facilitating business and social discussions among Israeli professionals working in New York.
- Providing financial assistance to Israeli soldiers.
- Nurturing the commercial development of novel technological ideas and patents of aspiring entrepreneurs and inventors.
- Advocacy center promoting equality for Arab citizens within the borders of Israel. Organizational information, projects, reports, actions, and upcoming events.
One Family Fund
- Provides financial and emotional assistance to victims of terrorism in Israel.
- Send pizza, soda and soup to Israeli soldiers serving in the front lines.
Red Line - Kav Adom movement
- Information about the Israel-Lebanon conflict.
- Providing statistical information about the Palestinian minority in Israel. Includes data sources, news, publications, a list of selected indicators, forum and links.
Shomron Development Fund
- Established to ensure that those who have chosen to live in biblical Samaria have the means to live a normal, healthy life with their families, despite the threat of terrorist attack.
- Jewish legal rights institute providing representation and resources for terror victims. Press releases, newsletter, and contact information.
Sindyanna of Galilee
- Non-profit organization seeking to help growers and producers from the Palestinian Occupied Territories. Profile, product catalogue, photo gallery.
To Save A Life
- Charitable organization focused on direct, efficient, personal giving to help the people of Israel.
Van Leer Jerusalem Institute
- A center for the interdisciplinary study and discussion of issues related to philosophy, society, culture and education in an effort to enhance Israeli democracy. Overview of the institute's work, objectives, publications.
- Provides social service for needy families in Israel.
The Zalman Shazar Center for Jewish History
- Mediates between Jewish history professionals and the public.
- Group of Israeli citizens working to raise awareness of the Nakba, the Palestinian catastrophe of 1948. Learning center, activities, annual reports, video clips, and links.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 3, 2014 at 20:45:10 UTC -