become an editor
the entire directory
only in Israel/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Regional: Europe: Regions: Mediterranean: Science and Environment
Regional: Middle East: Science and Environment
Bareket Scientific Observatory
- Society devoted to the development and promotion of Astronomy studies and space research in Israel. Features organization profile, information on projects and core actions, and contact details.
Clean Up Israel
- An environmental organization and a member of Clean Up the World. Creating awareness through education, partnership-building, and setting achievable goals and targets to achieve sustainable development.
The Florence and George Wise Observatory
- Research activities include: imaging and photometry of planets, moons and comets, photometric and spectroscopic studies of novae, symbiotic stars and other cataclysmic variables, spectrophotometric studies of quasars and active galactic nuclei, photometry and spectroscopy of x-ray binaries, multi-color photometry of galaxies, studies of spectroscopic binary stars. Operated by Tel Aviv University.
Geophysical Institute of Israel
- Features information about ongoing research on earthquakes in Israel and the region.
- Presents Israeli cleantech ventures and green living solutions and promotes a green Israel and a healthy, ecologically-friendly, environment for all in the Middle East.
Israel National Museum of Science
- Features over 250 hands-on displays and exhibits, almost all manufactured in-house, demonstrate a broad range of scientific principles. [English/Hebrew]
Israel Oceanographic and Limnological Research Institute
- Conducts research to promote the sustainable use and protection of the country's marine, coastal and freshwater resources. Includes staff directory, publications list, and reports on topics of interest.
Israel Science and Technology
- Database of institutions of higher education, research centers, funds, associations and related government agencies. Agriculture, biology, medicine, chemistry, computer science, engineering, geology, geography, physics, psychology and social sciences.
Israeli Marine Mammal Research and Assistance Center
- "The center for research, information and rescue of marine mammals in Israel" under the aegis of several governmental institutions and agencies.
The Jacob Blaustein Institute for Desert Research (BIDR)
- The goal of BIDR is to carry out research on the desert environment, required for promoting sustainable uses of the Negev Desert and other drylands the world over.
N-Koder Mediterranean Dead Sea Project (KMDS)
- A project whose objective is to provide desalinated water and hydroelectric power to Israel and the Middle East. Includes a brief technical description of the proposed project.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 21, 2014 at 0:36:29 UTC -