become an editor
the entire directory
only in Education/Research_Centers
Open Directory - Regional: Middle East: Israel: Education: Research Centers
Agricultural Research Organization
- The research arm of the Israel Ministry of Agriculture. ARO is responsible for planning, organizing and implementing the greater part of Israel's agricultural research effort. ARO is concerned with the solving of current problems in agricultural production, with the introduction of new products, processes and equipment, and with research investigations on which Israel's future agricultural effort will be based.
B.I. and Lucille Cohen Institute for Public Opinion Research
- Combines the academic development of the theory and methodology of surveys with conducting independent public opinion surveys. Part of the Faculty of Social Sciences of the Tel Aviv University. Projects, publications.
Blavatnik Institute of Computer Sciences
- Based at the University of Tel Aviv, it focuses its activity on the younger generation of computer scientists, by promoting research among graduate students.
David Horowitz Institute on Society and Economy
- The Institute encourages research on issues relating to social and economic development.
Erhard Center for Higher Studies and Research in Insurance
- Encourages advanced studies, research, and specialization in insurance and risk management. The Center organizes courses and conferences and publishes scientific papers and instructional and reference material.
Foerder Institute for Economic Research
- The Institute supports basic theoretical and applied research in the Department of Economics at Tel-Aviv University.
The Goldstein-Goren Diaspora Research Center
- Founded in 1964, dedicated to the study of the history of the Jewish people throughout the lands of the diaspora.
Henry Crown Institute of Business Research in Israel
- A non-profit organization under the academic auspices of Tel Aviv University's Faculty of Management. Supported by direct research sponsorship and contributions, the Institute conducts and promotes research in business administration and management. It also publishes an annual catalog of the Faculty's research.
Iby and Aladar Fleischman Faculty of Engineering
- The Faculty trains students in the fields of technology in general and particularly in high-tech. Part of the University of Tel Aviv. It provides them with the tools for professional receptiveness and flexibility. The undergraduates receive training in the foundation of modern engineering in general and in particular the special needs of Israel. The graduate studies in the faculty focus on expanding the knowledge of the B.Sc. and enables the students to specialize in areas of applied and basic research.
Institute of Policy and Strategy
- Focusing on Israeli national strength and security issues. Includes details about the organization of conferences, and press articles.
Interdisciplinary Center for Technological Analysis and Forecasting
- A leading institute in Technology Forecasting, Foresight, Assessment and Long-Term Planning. The multidisciplinary center taps the expertise of world-class scientists at Tel Aviv University and other well-known research establishments to create a core body of researchers with unrivaled knowledge in a diverse range of fields in exact sciences and engineering, geography, economics, education and social sciences, information technology and communications.
The Language Policy Research Center
- Carries out basic and applied research in the study of how societies deal with the demands and benefits of multilingualism.
The Maiman Institute for Proteome Research
- Designed for the functional analysis of genomes. Its activities are aimed at broadening our understanding of gene expression and protein function in health and disease.
Marcel and Annie Adams Institute for Business Management Information Systems
- Provides support for research activities, teaching, and dissemination of information on the development and application of computerized information systems.
Pinhas Sapir Center for Development
- The Center deals with promoting the Israeli economy, industry, society, policy, and the cultural-educational aspect. The main objective of the Center is to contribute to broadening the knowledge and understanding of economic development issues, with emphasis on the Israeli experience.
Raymond and Beverly Sackler Institute of Astronomy
- Provides information about the members of the Institute and their research areas.
Raymond and Beverly Sackler Institute of Theoretical Physics
- Fosters activity in theoretical physics at Tel Aviv University. The Institute supports young theoretical physicists who are carrying out post-doctoral research under the supervision of senior theorists at the university. It also helps to provide funds for visits of distinguished foreign theoretical physicists.
Tami Steinmetz Center for Peace Research
- Promotes systematic research and thinking on issues connected with peacemaking processes and conflict resolution.
The Taub Center for Social Policy Studies in Israel
- Provides policy analysis and options on issues that occupy the public debate in Israel.
Weizmann Institute for the Study of Zionism and Israel
- Established in 1962 to advance scholarly interest in the history of the Zionist idea, the Zionist movement, Jewish immigration and settlement in the Land of Israel, the relations between the Jewish community and its Arab neighbors, and the ties between Israel and the Jewish Diaspora. It has since broadened its scope to include the study of society, politics and culture in Israel.
Weizmann Institute of Science
- The Weizmann Institute of Science, located in Rehovot, Israel, is one of the top-ranking multidisciplinary research institutions in the world.
Yitzhak and Chaya Weinstein Research Institute for Signal Processing
- The institute supports Tel Aviv University students active in the field of Signal Processing by awarding three types of prizes: Studies, Scientific Publication, Best Senior Year Projects.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, January 2, 2007 11:45:23 PM EST -