become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Aid_and_Development
Society and Culture
Aid and Development
Regional: Middle East: Society and Culture: Aid and Development
This category in other languages:
Amnesty International USA - Iraq
- News, reports and success stories for the country including AI Annual Report entries for the past ten years. [English, Spanish]
Assisting Marsh Arabs and Refugees
- AMAR International provides humanitarian aid for Arab refugees from Iraq living in refugee camps in neighboring Iran. Information on activities and projects.
Directory of Development Organizations - Iraq
- Comprehensive directory of international organizations, governments, private sector development agencies, civil society, universities, grantmakers, banks, microfinance institutions and development consulting firms. Includes contact information. [PDF]
Guardian: Aid for Iraq
- Includes latest news, commentary, analysis and external links.
Human Rights Watch - Iraq
- Reports, background briefings, testimony, press releases and commentary on the human rights situation in the country.
International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies: Iraq
- Information on the Red Crescent Society in the country, report on the country assistance strategy, and appeals and reports since 1996.
International Rescue Committee: Iraq
- Information on the most important humanitarian concerns, resources, press releases and links for further reading.
Iraq Water Project
- A project by Veterans for Peace (VFP) to rebuild water treatment plants in different cities and provinces. Includes information on the repaired facilities, and reports by the teams on the experiences made.
IRIN News - Iraq
- Humanitarian news and analysis on relief, development, social, economic and political affairs, by the Integrated Regional Information Network (IRIN) of the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs.
Islamic Relief: Iraq
- Country facts, information on the present situation, a statement on the ongoing conflict and donations.
NGO Coordination Committee for Iraq
- An autonomous body created by NGOs working in Iraq, with the aim to promote information sharing and coordination. NCCI profile, Iraq information, humanitarian issues, peace network, publications, and contact details.
UN OCHA ReliefWeb - Iraq
- Provides latest updates on emergencies, sector reports, appeals and financial tracking along with background information and employment vacancies.
UNDP in Iraq
- Official United Nations Development Programme site provides news, speeches, statements and publications along with information about its activities, progress, Millennium Development Goals, partnerships and staff. Focused on poverty, health, governance, environment, natural resources, and information and communications technology.
UNICEF - Iraq: Country in Crisis
- Offers latest news and press information, reports on projects and resources. With photo essays and stories of Iraqi children.
United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI)
- The one-year follow-through mission in the wake of the Oil-for-Food programme commenced operations in September 2003. It provides access to information on the situation on the ground and help for coordination of humanitarian efforts. Offers meeting schedules, contact database, news and briefings by UN agencies, a collection of maps and media centre.
US State Department - Human Rights Report: Iraq
- 2008 report on the current status of human rights practices including human freedoms, civil liberties, political rights, international investigations, discrimination, worker rights, child labor and working conditions.
Aid and Development
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 18, 2016 at 17:04:55 UTC -