become an editor
the entire directory
only in History/Qajar_Period
Society and Culture
World: Persian: جامعه: تاریخ
Iranian Identity and Historiography
- Article by Juan R.I. Cole (University of Michigan) about the nationalist uses of the past by Iranian thinkers of the nineteenth century.
Iranian Millenarianism and Democratic Thought
- History of Baha'i thinking about parliamentary democracy in the nineteenth century Middle East. By Juan R.I. Cole.
The Qajar Class Structure
- Article by Ahmad Ashraf and Ali Banuazizi (Encyclopaedia Iranica).
- Memories of an Iranian diplomat and Qajar descendant. Includes set of links, numerous photos and Qajar history.
The Siege of Herat
- Thesis by John Carl Nelson discussing the political situation in the early 19th century and Persia's desire to Persia to restore its vanished empires. Includes an account of the siege (1837-1838), with maps and a bibliography.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 7, 2007 at 7:07:36 UTC -