- This category tree is for websites based in, or exclusively about, the East Mid Wales county borough
- of the Wrexham, named after its major town of Wrexham.
- The county borough was formed in 1996 from the "preserved" county of Clwyd which had the north coast
- as boundary from Deeside at Flint through Rhyl to Colwyn Bay.
- However, this coastline became part of the unitary authorities of Flintshire,
- Denbighshire and Conwy County Borough.
- The River Dee forms the east boundary with England, from the West Cheshire villages of Aldford to Shocklach.
- The north east part of Wrexham, north of the A534 is represented by the locality of Holt.
- South of the A534 the villages of Ridlewood and Bowling Bank have been dominated by the
- Wrexham Industrial Estate, but the area further south are represented by the Worthenbury locality.
- The village of Threapwood on the West Cheshire border is considered to be in England,
- represented by the Malpas category. whereas Tallarn Green is in Wrexham.
- Wrexham then has is east boundary with Shropshire at Whitchurch.
- The most south east area of Wrexham, north of Wem and Ellesmere is represented by the
- locality Bronington, where the Llangollen Canal crosses the south east boundary at Bettisfield.
- This locality may include websites for Penley, whereas those further west are included in Overton-on-Dee.
- West of Overton, the boundary rejoins the River Dee, then follows a tributary, the River Ceiriog,
- flowing from the south of Chirk, where the Llangollen Canal has an aqueduct over the Ceiriog.
- South of Chirk Castle, the boundary heads south west, and extends to enclose the Ceiriog Valley,
- reaching 784 metres above sea level at Cadair Bronwen.
- The most south west village is Llanarmon (Dyffryn Ceiriog), which is at the end the B4500,
- which climbs the valley on the north bank of the Ceiriog, through the villages
- of Tregeiriog (Foel Rhiwlas), Pandy, Dolywern and Pontfadog, from Chirk,
- and this area is represented by the Glyn Ceiriog locality.
- North of Chirk, the west boundary with Denbighshire is represented by the categories for
- Ruabon, Rhosllanerchrugog, Brymbo, west of Wrexham.
- The most north west boundary with Flintshire north of Brymbo, encloses Llay, Burton Gree and Rossett,
- north of Wrexham, and these localities are currently represented by the locality Gresford.
Related categories 1
Other languages 1
Last update:October 19, 2016 at 12:21:30 UTC