become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/History
Society and Culture
Rhagor: Homepage for Ancient Wales
- Features articles on the archaeology and history of Wales from 250,000BC to the present, by experts from the National Museums and Galleries of Wales and other official bodies.
Alternative Welsh Nationalist Archive
- Provides an archive of material about the Welsh Republican Movement since 1948.
Archive Network Wales
- Welsh cultural history maintained by the National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth.
Archives Network Wales
- An online searchable catalogue of document collections in record offices, universities, museums and libraries in Wales.
Association of Family History Societies of Wales
- Provides information on the aims of the Association and details of the member societies.
Caldicot Castle & Country Park
- Includes history, events and activities, facilities and access, opening times, admission prices, map and directions.
Capel: The Chapels Heritage Society
- Organisation encouraging the study and preservation of the Nonconformist heritage of Wales. It offers information and advice on maintaining and preserving chapel buildings, and records and studies chapel architecture. Bi-lingual.
Gathering the Jewels
- Explore the cultural heritage of Wales through photographs, documents, artefacts and sound and moving image clips from libraries, museums and archives.
GENUKI: The Woollen Industry
- Article by A B Jones and B L Davies recounting the history of this important industry in Wales.
Glyndwr Owain, Last King of Wales
- Describes his life and includes a timeline.
The History of the Traditional Welsh National Costume
- Brief history with several pictures.
The Normans in South Wales, 1070-1171
- E-text of book by Lynn H. Nelson.
The Owain Glyndwr Society
- Formed to honour his contribution to the heritage of Wales and mark the six-hundredth anniversary of his revolt in 1400.
People's Collection Wales
- History, culture and traditions of Wales. Photographs, documents and stories, trails, collections, training and community Services. Bi-lingual.
The Slate Industry of North and Mid Wales
- Includes details of quarries, working methods, geology, tramways, remains and relics, with photo galleries.
South Wales Coalfield Collection (SWCC)
- Established in 1969 to preserve the documentary records of the mining community of South Wales; information about their holdings, with background on the industry.
Wales on Britannia
- Contains links to Welsh timelines, history and rich cultural content.
Welsh Coal Mines
- Photographs, poems and heritage records about collieries across the country.
Welsh Heritage Schools Initiative
- Aims to encourage young people in schools in Wales to take an interest in their heritage and the contribution made to it by their families and communities.
Welsh Mines Society
- Objectives include the research and preservation of Welsh mining history. Includes news and events.
- Presents social and political campaigning in Wales during the 20th century, organised by theme; includes digitised images of original documents, photographs, and sound and video files. [Prepared by the National Library of Wales, in Welsh, Spanish and English]
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 9, 2016 at 21:26:10 UTC -