become an editor
the entire directory
only in Recreation_and_Sports/Outdoors
Recreation and Sports
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Business and Economy: Shopping: Recreation and Sports
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Recreation and Sports: Outdoors
BBC Wales: Nature and Outdoors
- Activities and walks in the Welsh countryside.
- Organisation that aims to encourage people to enjoy and care for woodlands in Wales. Includes news and information on events and courses.
Cycletouring in Wales and the Welsh Borders
- The bicycling resource for cyclists visiting Wales. Biking travel and cycle-touring information.
- National metal detecting website with forum and chat.
- Club based in North Wales. Provides details of events, results, a photograph gallery and message board.
- Information about visiting Mid Wales, in order to see the Red Kite, and other wildlife, in their own natural environment.
Mid Wales Climbing
- New routes in Meirionydd, bouldering routes and a photograph gallery.
Mines of North Wales
- Chris Cowdery has been exploring disused mines and provides details of some slate and lead mines and two tunnels.
North Wales Charity Ramblers
- Organises a variety of sponsored events, including walks, cycle rides and horse rides.
North Wales Mountain Bike Association
- A guide to the opportunities and places for mountain biking, and the legislation relating to access to the countryside.
Ocean Quest Expeditions
- Offers outdoor pursuits and activities both in water and on land with centres in Cardiff, Swansea and Porthcawl. Provides details of the activities, stag and hen parties and corporate events.
Offa's Dyke Association
- Independent voluntary organisation which provides information and other services to walkers and seeks to promote and protect Offa's Dyke and the Offa's Dyke Path.
Ogwen Valley Mountain Rescue
- Become a member or learn more about the activities of the organisation in Northern Snowdonia.
Outdoor Photography and Walking in Wales
- Jean Napier is a professional photographer and outdoor pursuits leader specialising in outdoor skills training and walking in Snowdonia.
Parys Underground Group
- Discover more about the history and under ground workings of the Parys and Mona copper mines. Explore the mine with a virtual tour.
Trail Rides Wales
- Offers trail and off-road riding for people with or without their own bikes. Provides details of the areas used, the terrain, the leaders and prices.
Wales Outdoors Limited
- Offers adventure activities and a range of outdoor pursuits, team building, school residentials, outdoor training courses, first aid training, family holidays and stag and hen party weekends.
- Guide to outdoor activities and information, primarily in northern counties.
- Home of the Welsh Canoeing Association, the National White Water Centre; plus Welsh rafting, water information and river levels.
Welsh Surfing Federation
- Governing body for surfing in Wales. It is responsible for promoting the sport by organising competitions and participation in other events to raise public awareness. The Federation also organises team selection for nationally represented competitions.
WSF Surf School
- Provides details of courses and fees, booking information and general club information.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 14, 2012 at 6:45:39 UTC -