become an editor
the entire directory
only in Powys/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Wales: Society and Culture
- Mansion between Brecon and Sennybridge. Provides information on the history of the house. Open to the public by appointment.
- Dedicated to observations of birds within the Breconshire area. Includes a county list, recent sightings, an image gallery and ringing record.
Brecknock Moth Group
- Provides a list of moth species found in the old county of Brecknock.
Brecknock Wildlife Trust
- Charity working for the protection of the wildlife habitats and species in the old county of Brecknock. Includes information on membership, the nature reserves, projects, events and special interest groups.
Brecon and Radnorshire Liberal Democrats
- News and membership information.
Brecon Beacons National Park
- Official site with information on things to do, archaeology, education and job opportunities.
Brecon Beacons Park Society
- Provides information on the park, membership, guided walks programmes, special events and other activities.
- Offer serviced office space on a flexible basis and support social businesses through social investment programmes.
- Action group about the burning of animal carcasses at a Site of Special Scientific Interest.
- Spiritual awareness centre at Abercraf offering courses and accommodation.
Mid Wales Permaculture Network
- Group advocating the care of the land and sustainable cultivation methods. Includes articles, news. events and a forum.
- Introduction, news, events, survey and contact information.
Montgomeryshire Family Crisis Centre
- Provides a 24-hour help line for individuals (men and women) who have experienced, or are experiencing, domestic violence, retreat/refuge accommodation, and a child-contact centre.
Montgomeryshire Genealogical Society
- Profile, publications and programme.
Montgomeryshire Liberal Democrats
- News and information from Lib Dems in Montgomeryshire.
Montgomeryshire Wildlife Trust
- Information about the reserves, events and local wildlife.
The Packet-Boat 'Duchess Countess' Project
- To build a replica of this canal packet-boat to near original as modern regulations allow. A community skills-training and jog-creation programme based on the Montgomery canal.
Powys Army Cadet Force
- Contains a summary of the work of this unit. Also includes information on joining and summer camp details.
Powys Association of Voluntary Organisations
- Independent agency providing help and advice to voluntary organisations and community groups enabling them to work more effectively. [English/Welsh]
Powys Citizens Advice Bureau
- Organisation offering free, confidential, independent and impartial advice on a wide range of issues, with centres in Newtown, Machynlleth, Ystradgynlais and Brecon.
Powys County Archives
- Contains opening times a message board and researchers information.
Powys Digital History Project
- Tells the history of six communities through original documents and photographs.
Powys Regeneration Partnership
- Composed of 165 organisations with the aim of overseeing economic, community and environmental regeneration throughout the county. Includes profile, description of objectives, project enquiry, and other funding.
Welcome to Cusop
- Community website for the village.
Welcome to Powys: A Day In The Life
- Digital history project explores life in Powys in 1891, and compares this with the present day.
Welshpool & Bro Hafren Methodist Circuit
- Covers 14 chapels in mid Wales. Offers churches, calendar, magazine, preaching plan, young people and photos.
- Community website covering the towns of Hay-on-Wye and Talgarth and the surrounding villages. Includes directories, accommodation, local news, events and information.
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 4, 2014 at 13:05:04 UTC -