become an editor
the entire directory
only in Pembrokeshire/Brithdir_Mawr
Brithdir Mawr Community
- A collective of people working towards sustainability who wish to share their aim with others. Details of the community, residential courses run, and volunteer opportunities.
- History and background information on the on-going saga of the low-impact roundhouse build without planning permission over the winter 1997/8, and threatened with demolition on several occasions.
BBC News: Launch for Eco-village Settlement
- A plan to build up to 45 low impact homes made from natural and recycled materials is launched. (February 20, 2006)
BBC News: Eco-house Battle put on Hold
- A legal battle over the building of an eco-house in a national park is put on hold for a year until new planning rules can be agreed. (June 16, 2005)
BBC News: The Land that Time Forgot
- For years they lived in quiet seclusion, until, one day, the authorities stumbled over Wales' "lost tribe". They fought for their alternative lifestyle, and won. But now they face a new battle. (March 09, 2001)
BBC News: Eco House May Have to Go
- A grass-roofed roundhouse will have to be pulled down unless it wins an appeal. Like many of the buildings at Brithdir Mawr, near Fishguard, it was built without planning permission in the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park. BBC News - Wales. (November 08, 2000)
BBC News: Secret Village to be Pulled Down
- A national park authority has ordered that a secret commune, built deep in forest without planning permission, is to be pulled down. (October 23, 1998)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 21:51:18 UTC -