- This category provides links the Localities in Wales in alphabetical order.
- These are the smallest areas under which websites are listed before being divided by their topic.
- The areas of Wales are first divided into the 22 unitary authorities, comprising the
- cities of Cardiff, Newport and Swansea, and the remaining 19 county boroughs.
- Bangor, St Asaph and St Davids are the remaining cities, but are under the unitary authorities
- of Gwynedd, Denbighshire and Pembrokeshire respectively.
- Under these unitary authorities the division of local government is the Community Council
- ( the name since 1972, to replace Parish Council in England ).
- In general, the locality categories here correspond to Community Councils, but sometimes the number
- of websites is insufficient to justify every Community Council having its own Locality category.
- Where a village appears more significant than the name of the council, this will be used instead,
- or in some cases in addition to other areas within the council boundary.
- If the name of the village is not listed here, please search in the neighbouring town.
- The locality category charter ( i ) should provide guidance as to how neighbouring community councils are listed.
Related categories 1
Last update:November 27, 2016 at 17:50:13 UTC