become an editor
the entire directory
only in Wales/Health
Conwy County Borough
Isle of Anglesey
Merthyr Tydfil County Borough
Neath Port Talbot
Newport, City of
Rhondda Cynon Taff
Vale of Glamorgan
National Health Service
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Health
This category in other languages:
1000 Lives Campaign
- Campaign aiming to prevent 1,000 avoidable deaths in Wales in the next two years.
All Wales Medicines Strategy Group
- Providing advice on strategic medicines management and prescribing in Wales.
Awares (All Wales Autism Resource)
- A directory of information resources, both online and offline, in Wales and worldwide: includes news, details of seminars. (Cymraeg and English)
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board
- Directory of GPs, dentists, pharmacies and opticians across Anglesey, Gwynedd, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire and Wrexham, with reference and patient support information.
Breast Test Wales
- Breast cancer screening programme. Aims to provide information of interest to both the general public and health professionals.
- Specialists in the supply and service of a complete range of mobility products for the elderly and less able. Shop online or at stores in several locations in South Wales.
- An agency in Wales that provides a range of services to help clients overcome drug or alcohol problems, including counselling, detoxification, and residential rehabilitation.
- Telephone helpline offering emotional support and information/literature on mental health and related matters to the people of North Wales and Powys.
Care Forum Wales
- Lobbies for the care sector. Profile, membership information and news.
Clwyd ME Support Group
- Self help support group for people with ME or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome in North Wales.
Dr. Catherine Goodwin - Psychology and Counselling
- Based in Risca South Wales, offering counselling for anxiety, stress, panic attacks, depression and phobias. Includes qualifications, FAQ and contact.
- Osteopath practicing in Swansea, Gorseinon and Carmarthen. Provides information on osteopathy, its history, the techniques used and the conditions treated, particularly back and neck pain.
Freedom of Information Act
- Details of this act within the NHS Wales.
- Mental health charity that provides a range of services to the mentally ill and campaigning to increase public understanding. Profile and activities.
Health Solutions Wales
- Information on the organisation and the services that it provides to the NHS in Wales.
Hearing Aid Solutions
- Audiologists. Offers hearing tests, a tinnitus management centre and hearing aids with a comprehensive free aftercare service including cleaning and adjusting.
Internet Generic Sites
- Provides links to a large number of Welsh health related websites.
Kidney Research Unit for Wales Foundation
- Promote renal research and care. Includes fundraising and events, news, past successes, a gallery of celebrities supporting and patients benefiting, information about the Institute of Nephrology, and ways to help.
Mental Health Matters: Wales
- Organisation aiming to promote mental well-being and to ensure that there is a comprehensive range of mental health services available across Wales.
Mental Health Wales
- Organisation advocating a comprehensive approach to mental health care. Includes information on the provisions available, carers and their rights, legal matters and a forum.
National Service Frameworks (Wales)
- Information on National Service Frameworks (NSFs) that are being developed to address variations in standards of care and to achieve greater consistency in the availability and quality of services, by putting in place mechanisms which will enable best care to be provided to all.
Pen Y Lôn
- Offers occupational health and physiotherapy services. Includes details of the occupational health packages available, the training courses and the physiotherapy services delivered at centres in Ruthin, Wrexham and Mold.
Public Health Wales
- Information on this service. An organisation that brings together the public health resources of the five former health authorities.
Ron Smith Cancer Appeal
- Cancer treatment centre for North Wales. Helping cancer patients, their carers and children.
- Welsh Ambulance Services site for young people in Wales. Provides information on children's views, rights, services, community, health and wellbeing.
Saunders and Schwarz
- Optometrists in Denbigh and Llanrwst. Profiler and services.
St David's Foundation Hospice Care
- Provides free specialist advice and support to patients and their families facing a life-threatening illness. Includes details of their residential and home-care services.
St John Cymru - Wales
- Provides information on this charitable organisation, the first aid training it provides, volunteering and membership. Other services offered include first aid supplies and patient hospital transport.
- Offers a wide range of complementary health therapies at clinics in North Wales. Provides information on the different therapies and the qualified professionals.
Village Home Care
- Independent agency describes its home care services. [Swansea and Cross Hands]
Wales Council for the Blind
- Independent umbrella organisation promoting the welfare of blind and partially sighted people and the prevention of blindness. Information about membership, activities, and their Manifesto.
- Offers advice and support to private individuals, third sector organisations, public bodies and private businesses.
Welsh Hospital Pharmacy Training
- Information to illustrate the hospital training places and facilities available for Pre-registration Pharmacists and Clinical Diploma Pharmacists in Wales.
Welsh Medicines Resource Centre (WeMeReC)
- Source of independent information on prescribing for health professionals working in healthcare in Wales including general practitioners (GPs), community pharmacists, medical and pharmaceutical advisers.
Welsh Thoracic Society
- Organisation concerned with the respiratory health of patients. Includes overview of research, training, meetings, and contacts at centres throughout the country.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 19, 2015 at 3:05:05 UTC -