become an editor
the entire directory
only in Attractions/Great_Orme
Conwy County Borough
Travel and Tourism
Conwy County Borough Council Countryside Services: Great Orme
- The official council website includes an introduction to the Orme, its wildlife and its attractions; the management plan for the country park; details of conservation events, and information for schools.
Assessment of Recent Field Work on the Great Orme
- Co-ordinated research of the extensive copper mineralisation on the Great Orme, exploited in prehistory and later. Observations on field work at Llety'r Filiast, Pen y Dinas, Mynydd Isaf, Badger's Cave, Pen Trwyn and Ffynnon Rufeinig.
Camera Obscura Llandudno
- Profile and history with opening times and prices.
Great Orme Copper Mine - Tourist Photos
- Photographs comprehensively illustrating the tourist view of the Bronze Age copper mine.
Great Orme Copper Mines
- Includes a historical sketch of what may possibly have been the world's largest Bronze Age copper mining complex.
Great Orme Copper Mines
- Visitor's photographs taken in November 2001.
Great Orme Exploration Society
- Provides membership and contact information, also a profile of the society formed in 1985 to organise exploration and interpretation of the ancient copper mines.
Great Orme Exploration Society - Official Site
- The exploits of the "diggers" of the Great Orme Exploration Society Ltd past and present. Highlighting the Society's activities, discoveries and achievements.
Great Orme Hang Gliding and Paragliding Flying Site Guide
- Site description and map with take off and landing notes. Details of the North Wales Hang Gliding and Paragliding Club.
Great Orme in Llandudno North Wales
- Describing the Orme and its history, archaeology, ecology, mining, shipwreck, flora and fauna including the long established herd of feral goats.
Great Orme`s Head/ Pen y Gogarth - Special Area of Conservation - SAC
- Selection criteria for site Great Orme`s Head/ Pen y Gogarth.
Modern Antiquarian - Great Orme Mine
- Photographs of the Bronze Age Copper Mines and of two other antiquities, the 'stone rows' and Llety'r Filiast (Cromlech burial chamber).
Old Mine, Great Orme Copper Mine
- Describing the Old Mine, the largest of the three Gt Orme copper mines, which accesses very important Bronze Age workings for copper (malachite and azurite) exploiting horizontal galleries.
Pentrwyn Bronze Age Metalworking Site, Great Orme
- Archaeological report on the earliest known metalworking site in the United Kingdom.
St Tudno's Church Great Orme Llandudno
- The ancient church of St Tudno is a place of pilgrimage, peace and prayer.
- Restaurant, cafeteria, bar and entertainment centre at the summit of the Great Orme near the Tram and Cable Car termini.
Wild Flower Society - Great Orme Visit
- Four pages of Wild Flowers photographed on the Great Orme in April.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 2, 2015 at 5:52:56 UTC -