- This category tree is for websites based in, or exclusively about, county of Conwy County Borough.
- Conwy County Borough is the unitary authority area with a north of Wales coastline, between
- Denbighshire to the east and Gwynedd to the west and south.
- Formerly known in English as Conway, the principle town is the castle town of Conwy,
- with Conwy Castle on the west bank of the Conwy estuary.
- Most development has been on the east bank, where the railway has a junction, Llandudno Junction,
- heading for the coastal resort of Llandudno to north.
- Further east is the coastal resort and natural bay of Colwyn Bay,
- served by a coastal railway and the A55 trunk road from the coastal resort of Abergele.
- The most easterly resort is Towyn, on the west bank of the Clwyd estuary which forms the
- boundary with Denbighshire at Rhyl.
- This boundary heads inland south to the River Elwy, which briefly forms the boundary down towards Henllan.
- The boundary runs south of the A543 from Denbigh to where it meets the A5 to Betws y Coed.
- The most south eastern locality in Conwy County Borough is Maerdy on the A5.
- From Betws y Coed the A5 crosses the boundary to Bangor, where Conwy is represented by the locality Capel Curig.
- North at the coast of Conwy Bay, the western boundary is represented by Llanfairfechan
- served by the coastal railway and A55 trunk road from Penmaenmawr.
- The A55 has tunnels east of Penmaenmawr, and under the Conwy estuary at Conwy.
Related categories 1
Other languages 1
Last update:January 21, 2017 at 14:14:34 UTC