the entire directory
only in Wales/Ceredigion
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Wales: Ceredigion
Aberporth and Tresaith
Arts and Entertainment
Business and Economy
News and Media
Recreation and Sports
Society and Culture
Travel and Tourism
This category in other languages:
A Poet in the Clog-makers Shop of Tanygroes
- Account by Gareth Jones, written in 1933, of his meeting with David Thomas who talked of his trade, and his son T. 0. Thomas who, as well as making clogs, had won many chairs at eisteddfodau and one crown.
Age Concern Ceredigion
- Charity providing services for older people including information and advice, form filling, shopping, home cleaning, luncheon clubs and exercise activities. Also provides information on volunteering.
Cardigan Bay Marine Wildlife Centre
- Information, education and research centre dedicated to raising awareness of the marine environment. Provides information on bottlenose dolphin sightings, research, education, boat trips and other organizations.
Cardigan Bay SAC
- Information on this area designated a Special Area of Conservation by the European Union for the preservation of its natural habitat and its flora and fauna.
Ceredigion Association of Voluntary Organisations
- CAVO aims to promote, support and co-ordinate the work of the voluntary sector in the county. Welsh and English.
Ceredigion Community Learning
- Offers adult education classes at several centres. Includes a list of centres with courses taught at each, tutor information and fees. [Welsh and English]
Food Centre Wales
- Providers of technical support to the Welsh food industry. Gives details of the services offered and the training courses. [Horeb]
Shared Earth Trust: Denmark Farm Conservation Centre
- Conservation project pioneering the restoration of biodiversity to Britain's farmed countryside. Provides information on training, publications, facilities and access in Welsh and English [Betws Bledrws]
Spirit of the Miners
- Community regeneration project that sets out to create an identity for northern Ceredigion using the legacy of metal mining as a theme. Includes details of approved projects, with photo gallery and area history.
The Cooper-Philosopher of Allt-y-Blaca
- Account by Gareth Jones, written in 1933, of his meeting with Evan Rees who was a craftsman, singer, preacher and cooper.
Tweed-makers in a Glen at Talybont
- Account by Gareth Jones, written in 1933, of his meeting with Mr. W. L. Morgan who managed the mill, founded in 1809 and powered by water, turning out Welsh tweed.
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 12:13:08 PM EDT -