become an editor
the entire directory
only in Caerphilly_County_Borough/Society_and_Culture
Caerphilly County Borough
Society and Culture
Abertridwr Community Church
- Provides a photograph gallery and information on the Oasis Christian Centre, church news, events, groups, activities and the coffee shop.
Bethel Evangelical Church
- Based in Nelson. A reformed evangelical church. Activities, directions, history and beliefs.
Caerphilly Christian Fellowship
- Description of services and details of meeting times.
Caerphilly Woodlands Trust
- Information on this organisation set up to preserve the remaining greenfields on the south eastern facing slopes of Caerphilly Mountain.
- Welsh language initiative supporting and promoting the use of Welsh in the community. Information on services, latest news and contact details.
- Community website with history of the village, genealogy, gallery, news, forum and information on local organisations and activities.
Poets, Priests and Pubs: A Walk form Rhymney to Tredegar
- Paul Barrett provides a virtual historical tour.
Right from the Start
- Organisation aiming to protect children in the borough and provide them with opportunities to thrive. Provides details of the services offered, parenting, the kidz' club and volunteering.
Universal Colliery Senghenydd
- Provides a history of this colliery with photographs, including information on the mining disasters of 1901 and 1913.
Wayne David MP
- Labour MP for Caerphilly. Details of surgeries, news items and FAQs on a number of topics.
Wesley Methodist Church, Caerphilly
- Includes information on worship, past and future events.
Senghenydd mining disaster is remembered 100 years on
- The BBC reports that Britain’s worst ever mining disaster has been remembered a century after 439 miners and one rescuer lost their lives in an explosion at Senghenydd in South Wales. (October 14, 2013)
Historian on Lord Merthyr, the pit owner blamed for Senghenydd tragedy
- The BBC reports on the life of pit owner Lord Merthyr, the man many blamed for the 439 miners’ deaths. (October 13, 2013)
Miliband opens Senghenydd mining disaster exhibition
- The BBC reports on the opening of an exhibition at the House of Commons. (June 11, 2013)
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 31, 2015 at 20:49:07 UTC -