become an editor
the entire directory
only in Bridgend_County_Borough/Society_and_Culture
Bridgend County Borough
Society and Culture
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Wales: Society and Culture
Bridgend Area United Denominations
- Formerly Bridgend Methodist Circuit now joint with the Baptist and United Reformed church. Details of each church in this grouping.
The Bridgend Conservative Party
- Provides information on elected representatives and candidates.
Bridgend Liberal Democrats
- Information on Lib Dem activity at all levels.
Bridgend Society of Friends
- Information about the Quaker Meeting in Bridgend. Includes a brief history of Quakerism; an introduction to Quaker beliefs and principles; times of meetings and Meeting activities.
Bridgend Valleys Railway
- Overview of restoration work.
- History and current condition.
Gilead Chapel, Coity
- Provides a history of the chapel and information on the village hall, news, events, services and meetings.
Island Farm POW CAMP 198 / Special Camp 11
- World War II German POW camp and site of the biggest escape attempt in Great Britain. Includes newspaper reports, prisoner biographies, description of the camp and its fate since the war.
- Photographs and information on the castle and its history.
The Official Kenfig History Website
- A resource for learning about local history in the Kenfig and surrounding areas including information on the past, present and people of the area. Further information available to members.
- Provides photographs and information on a variety of subjects relating to the pictorial history of Bridgend and its surrounding towns and villages.
Royal Ordnance Factory Bridgend
- Site dedicated to the town of Bridgend in South Wales, and its role during the second world war when it housed a prisoner of war camp and a large munitions factory.
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 6, 2011 at 7:54:03 UTC -